I am 47 M - 109kg - sugar and other ailments - what should I do to lose weight?

Options
I am 47 M - 109kg - sugar and other ailments - what should I do to lose weight? What should I eat, workout? I want to lose 10 kg first to go below 100kg

Answers

• loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    You usually have to find what approach works for you personally.

At 240 pounds (109 kg) and with health issues, you may want to start with changing your diet. Since you are diabetic, you may wish to choose a diet that limits carbs. Not a full Keto--just slightly lower carbs/sweets. Many people find they have better blood sugar numbers on a lower-carb diet. BUT--it's not the choice for everyone. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you.

Any diet would start with a calorie deficit.
    It doesn't have to be low-carb, but you do need a calorie deficit. After a few weeks of eating in a calorie deficit, you can try adding some light exercise.

You can start exercising small. It can be something as simple as taking a slow, short walk 2 or 3 times a week or perhaps doing some light weights once or twice a week. If you love exercise, you could do more of it quicker --if that works for you.

For me, small gradual changes that I can live with made it easier to stick with it long term.

I don't know if any of that is helpful. Weight loss is very personal. And each person finds their own path.

Just don't make any changes you don't want to keep for life.

Good luck!