Has how you edit a food changed?

Options
spodalicious
spodalicious Posts: 3 Member
I suddenly (within the past couple of weeks) can't edit my foods in the database anymore. These are foods that have been shared... but, in the past you could edit them. I don't see how to do that anymore.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,186 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Once a food has been shared to the public database, you cannot edit it in the same way you can an unshared food item. Those items should instead be reported.

To Report an entry via the mobile app:
    1. Open your Diary and Add Food
    2. Search for the food item and select it
    3. Click on Report Food (at the bottom)
    4. Select Wrong/Missing Nutrition Information and tap check mark
    5. Update the incorrect information and tap check mark
    * If you'd like to save the corrected version, toggle Save to My Foods on

Answers

• spodalicious
    Options
    Do you know when/why this changed? You could edit them as of a few weeks ago.

How long will it take for the fix to go through? In the past it was right away.

If you Save to My Foods, does it create a new food or save over the old one. I share this info with other people, so I need it to be fixed in the shared version.

Is there a way to do this on the desktop/website instead of mobile app?

Thanks!
  • durden
    Options
    This is always how this has worked, i'm afraid.

There's no set time for fixes to the database to go through. Saving the item to My Foods I believe creates a new food item rather than overwriting the old one, though i'm not 100% on that.

You can also correct food items on the website, yes. Just go to add the food as you would normally, then click on "Nutrition Info" on the right side of the page. If the info is incorrect, click "No", then you'll see the following.

ncv876vcp9fn.png
  • spodalicious
    Options
    I'm sorry, but, this is not how it's always worked... I was able to edit shared foods up until a couple of weeks ago. You used to have to include a note why you were editing it, then that went away. But now you can't edit at all.

And this is what I see on the website when I click on the nutritional info for something... no buttons...

ebq1he9jx8hl.png
  • durden
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Assuming we are going through the same process, i'm not sure why those buttons aren't showing up for you. You may need to clear your cache/cookies via your web browser, but I can't say for certain. Please feel free to contact our support team for further assistance if you can't get this working.

To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
This discussion has been closed.