Small Steps, Big Wins: Support and inspiration for your 2024 goals

Options

Replies

• Julieann404
    Julieann404 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started going to AA meetings January 8. No alcohol for 48 days. Started counting my calories about 4 weeks ago and have added in exercise with weights 2 times a week and cardio 5-6 days a week. My cardio goals are 400 calories per day. So far I am down 12 pounds with a goal of 60 more to go to get to 150. I have found that planning my meals the day before helps. Breakfast especially. I usually only eat breakfast and lunch with a snack in the evenings. As far as macros goes, I try to keep my carbs, protein and fiber close to the recommended amounts along with calories. I used a macro's calculator and found that mine are right where they need to be, so I don't really worry about those. Good luck to everyone. Let's keep each other motivated. I wish we could comment on each other's post directly.

WOW! It sounds like you're on the path to wellness and weight loss too. Keep up the great start!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey a little over a week ago. I'm feeling very positive. For the first time, I've stopped mentally beating myself up about my body as it is at present, which is clinically obese. Also, not only haven't I binged, but I don't have cravings. I'm 200 lbs now at 5 foot four (61 year old female), my goal for 2024 is to lose a pound a week so I can get down to 160 by New Year's 2025. I feel it's doable. I'm working with an on-line fitness coach who will help me tweak things when I hit plateaus. I'm logging my calories and macros on MFP. Sorry if this sounds like a rant. Ultimately I'd like to get to sixteen percent bodyfat or below, somewhere around 115-120. At my lowest I was 110 and 17 percent, I liked the leaness but I feel that was a little too light and I couldn't maintain.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited April 1
    Options
    I'm sharing this group because I've found it helpful in keeping to my goal plans. It's where I regularly stay in contact with other members and share my progress (ups and downs) as well as be a part of a supportive group of people.
    f4bk4td370ho.jpg
    aigug01xj22z.png
    APRIL 2024 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!

Welcome to FAT 2 FIT, a weight loss challenge and support group. A community. A wonderful group of warm, fun, and strong people to help make your journey possible.

The April 2024 Challenge will run for four weeks from March 31 - April 27. We always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday.

WHO WE ARE:
    Our group was founded by @mari_moulin in 2016. We are now five teams and 125 members strong. We are here to help you lose weight, increase fitness, and gain confidence. Our group has lost over 10,000 pounds to date!

WHAT WE DO:
    The group is divided into five teams. Each team has 20-25 members, including Captains and Motivators. We conduct challenges throughout the month to help inspire growth, commitment, and to maintain energy. We weigh in weekly and report daily to learn and encourage our teammates. We are a social powerhouse.

HOW TO JOIN:
    This is the easy part. Simply post below with the following information:
    MFP USER NAME
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT
    (highest weight ever) - optional, but great for celebrating milestones!
    TEAM PREFERENCE (if you have one)

One of our Moderators will assign you to a team and give you the information you need. Check back here on this thread for your team assignment. Start posting on your team chat, and your new friends will guide you through everything!

OUR MISSION:
    Simple — lose weight and become healthier individuals while supporting each other. We emphasize support and accountability. We are there for the long haul.

If you're interested, just search for the group (I added a link, hope it works) and leave a comment that you'd like to join. Someone will let you know what team to go to and introduce yourself.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

• phoxy_brown
    phoxy_brown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Phoxy (fauxee) I live in Miami. I have started this weight loss journey over too many time. Today I got on the scale and it isn't moving. I need to do something. I stumbled on to discussions today. I am going to interact for motivation and tips that could help on the scale. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. by my birthday. I am doing intermittent fasting and I am getting used to it 16:8. Anyone who chimes in that can assist my in this endeavor is very much appreciated.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I’m looking for a support community. I’m running my first half marathon and doing my 2 triathlon sprint. I’m a Crossfitter who is dabbling in the endurance world. Feel to add me.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    I came across this no-sugar meal plan and thought I'd share with you. I'm not one for diets or omitting certain food but this one is about no added sugar rather than no carbohydrates, which I think is workable. I haven't gone through all the meal suggestions and recipes but it looks like it could be a helpful guide to conscious healthier eating.

https://www.eatingwell.com/30-day-no-sugar-low-cholesterol-meal-plan-for-beginners-8628656

Screenshot from Day 1
    hztjbz1jjh2t.jpg

• debradke2
    debradke2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im new here. Im trying to mix it up and improve because my weight loss had stopped and ive been trying to get off the last 10 lbs. But instead of losing 10 i gained 10. trying to come up with a better plan to lose the 10 i gained. i had lost 60 lbs. felt really good and font want to regain it -ever. i am 66 years old.
  • zahraB1
    zahraB1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Focusing on small changes like drinking more water and adding veggies to meals for better health. I believe its our determination which can lead to desired results <3
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    DVDBEASTMODE Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is David. I have been on here for quite some time. I comment on all of my friends workouts, logging streaks etc etc. I also put up daily motivation and workout 5-7 days a week. I just can't seem to get any interaction from most. Would be nice to get some reciprocation, motivation and or a community. Please add me you will not regret it. I WILL KEEP YOU GOING!!!! RRAAWWRR BEASTMODE
  • waxeye7
    waxeye7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Vicky (NZ) and I am new to MFP, but have tried most other programmes. They all work if you stick to them, but that's the hard part! Need to cut carbs and exercise more, usual story. Am hoping tracking will help keep me mindful. I want to choose healthy everyday foods and not feel like I have to eat celery and cabbage at every meal. I want to improve my relationship with food and leave behind an all or nothing attitude. It's all up to me and the choices I make!
  • dsimpson9082
    dsimpson9082 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I’m currently doing the 75Soft Challenge. Today is day 14 and I’m from the Caribbean. Follow along with me and offer support if you’d like. I’ll follow back of course.
  • GabbyvsObesity
    GabbyvsObesity Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm Gabrielle and I'm morbidly obese. I'm looking to start soon detoxing my body from years of eating mostly ultra processed and bad processed foods by starting up eating only God’s real whole good mostly and I also want to get back into walking and start strength training. I know that sticking to this plan consistently will help me get down to a healthy goal weight, improve my relationship with food, and and help my body's health inside and out.
  • marythynes
    marythynes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know what to do to be healthy, but I need help eating healthier. I finally lost the weight I gained during COVID but I want to gradually lose weight by eating better. If I can keep monitoring my diet with MyFitnessPal I should be successful and be healthier
  • mjsburcham2001
    mjsburcham2001 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I’m Jennifer. I seriously starting pursuing my healthy journey in November of 2023. One of the things I quickly realized was not to make drastic huge changes to my diet. Yes, I needed to cut the calories, sugar, and fat. But I went from one extreme to the other and was quickly disappointed. I’ve adjusted that, and my mindset, and I’ve noticed I’ve dropped nearly 2 pant sizes!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Hi all, you can add me as a friend and, if you want a bit more social interaction, I highly recommend the Fat 2 Fit group. I shared a link a while ago (just scroll through to find it in the comments).

Keep up your enthusiasm to become a better version of you!
  • BodyTalking
    edited May 28
    Options
    F2F support and challenge group on this link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10916301/registration-for-new-members-june-2024#latest

We're ready to add some new faces to our teams for June!
  • ptbarcus
    ptbarcus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I’m back on the calorie counting train after going to my doctor 2 months ago and being the heaviest I’ve ever been in my adult life, as of the middle of April 2024 I was almost 375 pounds. I started working on my diet the first week of May 2024 and even started going back to the gym the middle of May. As of June 1st I’m at 354 pounds, so down close to 20 pounds and I started on Zepbound today June 3rd.

Here’s to getting closer to 300 pounds then 400 pounds!!!!