My custom meal breakdown was reset?

Options
Chavellek
Chavellek Posts: 20 Member
I use to have a meal breakdown for Breakfast, mid day snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and evening snack. Now it is only showing Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks. This also eliminated previous food entries. What can I do to get my entries back and also the same set up?

Best Answer

Answers

• tigerjen99
    tigerjen99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine were reset today too. Also, several of my entries were doubled, tripled and some quadrupled in my diary.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Same here! I hope this will be fixed soon.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,349 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    If you re-enter your meal names to arrive at the same number of meals as before, you should see the 'disappeared' food reappear.
  • AprilRommel
    AprilRommel Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Mine has done the same thing too! Soooo frustrated right now! I also now only have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks, when I used to have Breakfast, Snack AM, Lunch, Snack PM, Dinner, Extra. All those food entries have disappeared and my calorie counts on the web are also incorrect.
  • x7x7x7x
    x7x7x7x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine was reset too after 10 years of having the same custom meal names. I had to change them back. Hopefully they will stay the way I want them to.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    x7x7x7x wrote: »
    Mine was reset too after 10 years of having the same custom meal names. I had to change them back. Hopefully they will stay the way I want them to.

Did the missing food entries come back once you changed the names back? I had 6 custom names, as opposed to the standard 4. My diary is a mess now, most days have no food entries at all.
  • JBnyc99
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    If you re-enter your meal names to arrive at the same number of meals as before, you should see the 'disappeared' food reappear.

As I scroll back to past days, it looks like half of my food entries are gone. Do you know this works because you tried this yourself, or are you just guessing? Serious question. I would hate to change back to my 6 custom meals from their standard 4 to find out that the other half of the food entries then get deleted as well. Thanks.
  • AnnalisaGym
    AnnalisaGym Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine changed as I was making an entry. I reset the meals as suggested and the previous entries reappeared, but vanished when I logged out and back in. Hopefully this is a glitch that will be rectified.
  • amhilbrands
    amhilbrands Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mine is also a mess. Even my recipes are all gone. I hope this gets resolved. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Logged out several times, reentered my meal names still nothing
  • DOOMTOWNE
    DOOMTOWNE Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Yep mine is broken too, even had a section for vitamins, all gone

EDIT: Adding them back in the phone app made them come back and the information returned to its rightful place. You have to add them back EXACTLY in the Meal # they previously were.
  • Lietchi
    edited November 2023
    Options
    JBnyc99 wrote: »

As I scroll back to past days, it looks like half of my food entries are gone. Do you know this works because you tried this yourself, or are you just guessing? Serious question. I would hate to change back to my 6 custom meals from their standard 4 to find out that the other half of the food entries then get deleted as well. Thanks.

I did this myself. Standard is 4 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) I added back the custom/5th meal I created and my entries for that meal returned in my diary.

Edit: it worked, then disappeared again and now works again a second time around.
  • JBnyc99
    Options
    DOOMTOWNE wrote: »

EDIT: Adding them back in the phone app made them come back and the information returned to its rightful place. You have to add them back EXACTLY in the Meal # they previously were.

Wow, that's good to know, thanks! But I had 6 timing blocks for the day.

I'm not sure how I had each written, as I did it over 10 years ago. It was either:
    6:00am-10:00am
    or
    6:00am - 10:00am

When you say EXACTLY, I wonder if all would be lost if I guess wrong with or without those extra spaces.

Hmmm.
  • Vygr
    Vygr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did this and names are corrected. However all of the history of the diary entries for the 3 meals affected are gone.
  • Lietchi
    Options

I'm not sure how I had each written, as I did it over 10 years ago. It was either:
    or

When you say EXACTLY, I wonder if all would be lost if I guess wrong with or without those extra spaces.

Hmmm.

Meal names don't matter, it's just the number of meals.
  • JBnyc99
    Options

I did this myself. Standard is 4 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) I added back the custom/5th meal I created and my entries for that meal returned in my diary.

Edit: it worked, then disappeared again and now works again a second time around.

Oh wow. I may hold off from trying for right now to see if they fix this themselves. I would hate to lose 10 years of food logs.

Thanks for the reply. Good Luck!
  • JBnyc99
    Options

or

Hmmm.

Meal names don't matter, it's just the number of meals.

I was thinking the same thing, well, at least hoping that was the case. I think I'll hold off for a minute to see if this gets fixed on the server side. Feel free to continue to post on your progress. Good luck!
  • Zegster
    Zegster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it is a bug being fixed, but I created a category for late dinner and it is missing with all the food saved in this category. I've been using this category for years.
  • JBnyc99
    Options
    Vygr wrote: »
    Did this and names are corrected. However all of the history of the diary entries for the 3 meals affected are gone.

Do you mean that all of your food entries from prior days/weeks were deleted after you corrected the names?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,802 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Changed my diary settings back to the correct category names, and all the missing data reappeared in the correct slots. Took me less than a minute.
This discussion has been closed.