My custom meal breakdown was reset?

Options

Answers

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Yep, this happened to a bunch of other people. We are talking about it in the Food forum. Like he said above, just change it back and your data should be there - it was for me as well.
  • AprilRommel
    AprilRommel Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I had sent an email earlier to tech support and this is what I received:
    Hi,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any issues you are currently having with your custom meals. We are aware of the problem, and are currently working on a resolution.

Please visit: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/21792562599181 for additional updates.

We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Again, our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

...at that address you will find this:
    Widespread Issues affecting MFP apps and website
    2 hours ago Updated
    Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 12:48pm PT

Hello,

Apologies for the issues you're seeing across MFP. Starting around 11:30am PT members started experiencing reporting issues in the following areas, but there are likely additional areas impacted due to the widespread nature of the areas impacted:

Inability to login
    Logged foods disappearing from Diary
    Custom Meal Names resetting
    Streaks resetting
    Pages not loading in the app
    Data from 3rd Party partners delayed or not syncing (including Fitbit)
    Our team has been investigating and identified what is causing these problems and is working on getting a fix out as soon as possible. We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had sent an email earlier to tech support and this is what I received:
    Hi,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any issues you are currently having with your custom meals. We are aware of the problem, and are currently working on a resolution.

Please visit: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/21792562599181 for additional updates.

We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Again, our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

...at that address you will find this:
    Widespread Issues affecting MFP apps and website
    2 hours ago Updated
    Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 12:48pm PT

Hello,

Apologies for the issues you're seeing across MFP. Starting around 11:30am PT members started experiencing reporting issues in the following areas, but there are likely additional areas impacted due to the widespread nature of the areas impacted:

Inability to login
    Logged foods disappearing from Diary
    Custom Meal Names resetting
    Streaks resetting
    Pages not loading in the app
    Data from 3rd Party partners delayed or not syncing (including Fitbit)
    Our team has been investigating and identified what is causing these problems and is working on getting a fix out as soon as possible. We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Thanks for posting this!!
  • klkl10
    klkl10 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was freaking out!
  • FenderGuy
    FenderGuy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Hope it gets resolved soon.
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 123 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I've changed names back at least three times over the last two hours, keeps being erased/reset. Also screwed up several recipes.
    I'm giving up and just doing a quick add until tomorrow
  • kshama2001
    Options
    JBnyc99 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »
    If you re-enter your meal names to arrive at the same number of meals as before, you should see the 'disappeared' food reappear.

As I scroll back to past days, it looks like half of my food entries are gone. Do you know this works because you tried this yourself, or are you just guessing? Serious question. I would hate to change back to my 6 custom meals from their standard 4 to find out that the other half of the food entries then get deleted as well. Thanks.

When I renamed my meals exactly the same as they were before, all the data came back.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    JBnyc99 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »
    If you re-enter your meal names to arrive at the same number of meals as before, you should see the 'disappeared' food reappear.

As I scroll back to past days, it looks like half of my food entries are gone. Do you know this works because you tried this yourself, or are you just guessing? Serious question. I would hate to change back to my 6 custom meals from their standard 4 to find out that the other half of the food entries then get deleted as well. Thanks.

When I renamed my meals exactly the same as they were before, all the data came back.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.
  • x7x7x7x
    x7x7x7x Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    So much thinking that I fixed the problem. The stupid default "breakfast" "lunch" "dinner" categories are back. I have had six custom meals (12:00 am - 4:00 am, 4:00 am - 8:00 am, etc.) for almost eleven years. I shouldn't have to change this twice in one day. Stop messing with my custom meals!
  • dengyq918
    dengyq918 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine was reset too. I changed them but after a few hours they were reset again!
    So frustrating!
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    MINE TOO! im so upset i thought this was a new update that was for the worse.
    i had meal 1-6 , and now only 4 meals - br, lunch, dinner, snack

not everyone eats 3 meals and snack,

it should be meals 1-6 , or even more so we can decide how to name them
    i eat like 6 meals and wanted another one for my supplements and drinks to go there
  • klkl10
    klkl10 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How many times is it going to reset? It's happened twice now.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So I've been using MFP app since May 2016 and this is the first time I've seen this behavior before. I had added 6 meals (default is 4), but as of today, they defaulted back to "Breakfast" "Lunch" "Dinner" and "Snacks" and then lost the other two. I've tried a few times now to go back into the food diary settings and add them back, and then within an hour, they default back to the four. It's quite frustrating! I'm on an android and I've tried re-installing the app. Anyone else noticing this behavior?
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    klkl10 wrote: »
    How many times is it going to reset? It's happened twice now.

three times for me so far. mine reset, i fixed it, it reset, i fixed it, it reset again.

• celyoneill
    celyoneill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine was reset so I went in and fixed it. But it reset again so I change it. I have mine is blocks of time.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Since the Support article said we might lose all the data we have logged since the issue started happening today, tonight might be a good time to finish that pecan pie… 😆
  • kshama2001
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Yes, it’s a known issue that they are working on, see the “custom meal breakdown reset” thread.
  • kjratliff55
    kjratliff55 Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I had a like incident over on Atkins Calorie Counter about 6 years ago...was told it would be repaired with in two days....Three Weeks later I switched the MFP. I hate to give up 2000+ days of data but a stable fix is all that will keep me from looking elsewhere.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I'm just glad it's not just me, hopefully they can sort it soon.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Same
This discussion has been closed.