Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,941 Member
    Options
  • Onewomanswalk
    Onewomanswalk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    RND 245: My Journey ~ Round 2 of 40:
    Whatever you are not changing, you are choosing. Read that again!

:) F, 67, 5’4" ~ SW-231
    Ultimate goal weight of 149lb at the end of RND 284

12/18~ Day 11 -227 ~ Ugh! Today, I chose wrong, change is needed.
    ~ Today was not a good day. Excuses aside, I ate poorly, didn’t exercise, and didn’t plan which was the goal I had for this round. Plan for tomorrow!

12/19~ Day 12 -227 Almost forgot to log in.
    ~ Well, the scale isn’t moving much, but it is early in round 2 so I’ll give myself some grace. I kept the basics in check and met my goals. Ready for sleep.

12/20~ Day 13 -230 ~What the heck?
    ~This is frustrating and why I would normally quit. 13 days and I’m back where I started. But as usual, when I have an upset, I sabotaged myself tonight by going over the calories for the 1st time in 13 days. Hopefully, I learn from the error and figure out what keeps me from losing weight. I guess more effort is needed.

12/21~ Day 14 -225.3 ~ That’s it, I need a new scale!
    ~ I woke up and weighed, It’s a miracle. Ha! So, I weigh something, but what? I will keep up with the plan until the new scale arrives and hopefully, it will be correct. I upped my walk to an hour today. I’m sure I’ll be hearing from my knee later, but tuff stuff, it needs to deal with it. I’m eating pretty well but still trying to up the fiber. Who would think it would be so difficult?

12/22~ Day 15 -223.6 ~ Is it the holidays?
    ~ It’s a hard time of year. Sometimes not having children can be hard and I miss being around family. They are spread all over the country and as we age it is harder to gather. Sorry, on a downer tonight. It’s a lack of sunshine and family. The great thing about today is tomorrow is a brand-new day with all the possibilities of sunshine and success.

12/23~ Day 16 -223.5 ~ The sun is shining!
    ~ I had a great walk today, now icing my knee. Spirits are up, we started planning for Christmas 2024 in Wyoming. So far, we have 4 of our families committed. Yet another reason to keep logging in and working on my health.

12/24~ Day 17 -222.9 ~ Christmas Eve
    ~ I’m posting early today. I am unsure of how the day will end but have great expectations of success. I am planning for the pitfalls and perils of eating and laziness. I must say ‘Motivate thyself’ if I want to meet that first ten-pound goal before the end of 2023. I wish you all a beautiful holiday and a blessed new year.

12/25~ Day 18 -??? ~
    12/26~ Day 19 -??? ~
    12/27~ Day 20 -??? ~

Challenge: ~ Planning: deciding in advance what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and that I should do it.
  • GregoryStaley
    GregoryStaley Posts: 58 Member
    Options

[/quote]@Psychethelover Love your 12/18 affirmation

• Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Donna,⬆️ thank you so much! And btw, you are KILLING it! ❤️
  • Chapter_3
    Options
    @Onewomanswalk I love how you were able to shift your mood / emotions by changing your thoughts. That’s an amazing accomplishment. Merry Christmas!
  • jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    RND 245
    thanks @quiltingjaine

70 yo female 5’5”
    SW: 128.8# (end of round 244)
    Goals: strength training 5x/week🏋️‍♀️; follow nutrition plan🥕; under 129# ⚖️; move 3x/week min 👣; hydrate 💧
    Using others great idea of icons to report when on task the day prior
    12/18 128.4# 🏋️‍♀️, 🥕, ⚖️, 💧
    12/19 129.0# rest day; 🥕, ⚖️
    12/20 128.4# 🏋️‍♀️; 🥕; 👣; 💧
    12/21 128.8# 🥕 💧⚖️
    12/22 129.0# 🏋️‍♀️ 🥕 ⚖️ 💧
    12/23 129.0# 🏋️‍♀️ 🥕💧
    12/24 129.4# 🏋️‍♀️🥕💧👣
    Good day yesterday
    12/25
    12/26
    12/27

“Holiday lights shine brighter when you're healthy and energized.”
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,870 Member
    Options
    @GregoryStaley I have to ask - was any male relative a doctor in the AF? Our first daughter was delivered by Major Staley - I wish I could remember his first name! DD#1 will be 53 in 11 days.
  • GregoryStaley
    Options
    @GregoryStaley I have to ask - was any male relative a doctor in the AF? Our first daughter was delivered by Major Staley - I wish I could remember his first name! DD#1 will be 53 in 11 days.
    @quiltingjaine I am not aware of any. The Baltimore wing of the family has been out of touch for quite some years. There are more Staleys than I would have guessed. Best to both of you.

• GregoryStaley
    Options
    @quiltingjaine I am not aware of any. The Baltimore wing of the family has been out of touch for quite some years. There are more Staleys than I would have guessed. Best to both of you.
    @quiltingjaine Thank You for continuing this challenge. It has been a real difference maker for me. GREG

• Chapter_3
    Options
    SW RND 245 - My 15th round

F65, 5’6” married, MawMaw Proud. Ketovore - NO processed foods. Big protein. Maintenance.

HW 172lbs in 2010.
    Roller coaster 🎢 till now!
    CW 131.0

R245 Focus
    I want a stronger commitment to consistency. Calendar activities each day. Plan. Be mindful. Slow down. Practice gratitude. Enjoy!

Goal: 130lbs or below while continuing to train/gain more SMM. (Skeletal Muscle Mass). Focus on strength, flexibility, agility, balance & muscle mass. Reach goals for next “InBody” in early Jan - gain 2lbs SMM.

R245 COMMITMENTS:

1. ➡️⚖️ everyday. ⚡️
    2. ST 🏋️‍♀️ every other day
    3. 5x per wk 60min 💓Z2
    4. 5x per wk - 🤸🏼 calisthenics (stretch, balance, agility, flexibility & speed)
    5. 🎾HIIT 3x /week
    6. Stay grateful & mindful of the 🎄 ⛪️ holiday! 🙏
    7. Plan and PREPARE.
    8. Track daily: food, 🚶‍♀️8-10k+, macros, calories, Ex minutes, 💓Z2 min, Ex cal 🔥& NSVs
    9. Choose health everyday!
    10. ENJOY

This is a BIG round. Protect your mind. Good luck 🍀 Warriors!
    Oh, and enjoy the journey this Christmas season! So much to be thankful for….

📣#bestshapeofmylife 📣
    Let’s Go!
    12/21⚖️ 129.2
    12/22⚖️ 129.8
    12/23⚖️ 129.8
    12/24⚖️ 130.8
    12/25⚖️ 133.4
    12/26⚖️
    12/27⚖️

Daily Comments

12/24⚖️ 133.4 Yesterday: ✅macros & 1528 cal, 🚶‍♀️2.1k, 🚫ex min, 🚫🔥ex cal, 💗Z2 🚫min . 🚫🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼

Followed 💯 to my Christmas Eve plan except I forgot water! While cooking all day, I simply forgot… Almost a zero carb day but also zero fluids. No sugar and healthy choices came easy yesterday… but today I woke up like a puff ball. Cant take my rings off. Amazing how my body reacts & tells me loud & clear I miss my routine & my mind misses it too! Especially water.

(No walking as it poured all day long … & it will rain also rain today as well… )

Looking back: Wonderful day & evening last night - didn’t “feel” pressure. Had fun cooking all day w/DH and it was a wonderful Christmas Eve with family.

Lesson: Water, Water, Water!

NSV: Did not react over the scale and I know that water today will solve the puff! I didn’t need the scale to tell me… I knew it already 😎

TODAY: Rain all day… Will try to squeeze in 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️. Family tradition of early afternoon movie, DS and DGS visiting later. Quiet joy and gratitude…. & Add: 💦💧💦. Merry Christmas!

Health Journey

R245 Previous Daily Comments

12/18 ⚖️ 131.0
    Yesterday: 💯lazy day. ✅macros & 1438 cal.
    Today: 💪🏻🚶‍♀️🤸🏼🏋️‍♀️

I’m up a little because I’m off routine. Ok. Rational. Last night I decided to start fast @ 6pm. I felt terrific after that last fast and spent some time researching last night as to what happens to your body at 24, 48, and 72hrs - planning for 72. Pumped! Water, black coffee, electrolytes and grass-fed beef bone broth. 💪🏻

12/19 ⚖️129.6
    Yesterday: ✅macros & 90 cal of bone broth, 🚶‍♀️3.9k, 🚫ex min, 🚫 ex cal 🔥, 🚫💗Z2 min, 🚫🏋️‍♀️, 🤸🏼

Woke up at 3:50! 🙃😳 Good Morning! Yes, scale is less but was expected. I’m fasting to reset ketosis & recharge /reboot. I’m hoping 130 will one day be my lean & mean ceiling!☺️

Because I spontaneously opted to fast, I also opted to remain sedentary yesterday. I did end up doing a lot of work around the house. I only counted 🚶‍♀️. After 6 PM, (24hrs) I had 2 cups of bone broth over a couple of hours, drank tons of water & electrolytes.

Going on 36 hrs as I write this … I feel really good this morn. No hunger pains yesterday, (because I kept drinking… ) And I was super busy. I had tons of energy. No headaches. Peed all day. 😎. Hoping it goes as well today.

I had another business meeting yesterday … I’ve been approached to take on a hefty project (in my profession). Yesterday was my third meeting in 10 days, and I’m strongly considering saying yes… With each day that passes, I’m becoming a little more excited about the opportunity. Ill have the flexibility to continue to pick up DGS from school, as well as play 🎾 in the morning a few days a week… and will also figure out how to 🚶‍♀️&🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼on a regular basis. The project would last six months… It’s actually too good to be true. So we will see! It’s been five years since retiring … would certainly be a wild & adventures ride cuzz I feel quite unprepared. We will meet once more after the holidays to solidify any arrangement … 🤞🏻!

Today: 🎾 🚶‍♀️and some 🤸🏼 - let’s see! Not sure about stamina but will try. I can always stop. ’ll be fine this morning but I’m prepared for a little waiver-ing between noon and 2pm…. 💪🏻

Note: TBH, For some reason, fasting is easier for me than I thought it would be. This is only my second go round. I find it much easier to just say no then it is to plan food/figure out what to eat…. It’s a competition with myself. Once I did the research & learned of the long list of positive benefits… It was a no-brainer for me personally. I once truly believed fasting was for WHACKOS 😎. Really! Isn’t that horrible? It’s not for everyone but… If you’re thinking about it, I encourage you to read up!

12/20 ⚖️ 128.4
    Yesterday: ✅macros & 80 cal, 🚶‍♀️8.2k, 122 ex min, 1284 ex cal 🔥, 💗Z2 18 min, included some 🏋️‍♀️&🤸🏼.

When I first started playing tennis, I could feel the effects of the fast with an elevated heart rate, but then I played through it… so I decided to take it easy on ST 🏋️‍♀️. Fully wiped out when I got home. Nice visit with my DGS. Rested and vegged out the rest of the night.

⚖️ 128.4 That’s the fast and my body rebooting … will prol be 129-130 tomorrow. After today, I have to really buckle down on
    🚶‍♀️🤸🏼🏋️‍♀️.

Fast: Boy, was I hungry yesterday! 2pm till bed…. Drank electrolytes & bone broth. No headache. Feel great this morn. 12 more hours. Playing tennis today. Feeling like I have to take it easy, but I may have a burst of energy, so let’s see! Thurs, Fri& Sat will be jammed with cooking & holiday! Will definitely get in early 🚶‍♀️. Some 🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼.

12/21 ⚖️ 129.2
    Yesterday: ✅macros & 1055 cal, 🚶‍♀️6.2k, 103 ex min, 1022 ex cal 🔥, 💗Z2 16min. 🚫🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼

I played🎾 singles (A big deal in itself, 65… vs a 48-year-old youngster) & when over I decided not to pursue 🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼. My heart rate was up a good bit, so I thought it would be wise to limit any further activity, until FAST was completed.

I thought about food continuously from noon-3pm. I researched the difference between 48hr & 72hr fast and there is little difference… I had almost convinced myself to eat some scrambled eggs, but then I was running late to pick up my DGS from school. And because I was busy, I just decided what the heck just do 72 hrs. Goal accomplished!
    🥩 &🥚🥚for dinner! YUM.

Today: Definitely 🚶‍♀️🤸🏼🏋️‍♀️. Eat lots of protein. Feel AWESOME. And yes, fasting is about your mind/will power. It’s not all hunger.
    ➡️Thoughts
    ➡️ Emotions
    ➡️ Actions.
    Stop negative thoughts (excuses & rationalizations) & winning becomes reality. I have a choice. Hard stuff matters.

(Confession, ⬆️ this is an affirmation … I must say it over & & over & OVER again for it to become real!)😊

Setting a goal and completing the goal gives me BIG confidence. I’ll have a pep in my step today. 😎

12/22 ⚖️ 129.8
    Yesterday: ✅macros & 1515 cal, 🚶‍♀️2.2k, 🚫ex min, 🚫ex cal 🔥, 💗Z2 🚫min. 🚫🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼

We had a major MAJOR plumbing issue occur yesterday morning. Plumber can’t come till 12/26…. Thank goodness we aren’t hosting guests this holiday! I stayed on target with cal and macros but zero exercise. Couldn’t do anything. Hopefully today. 🎾🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼.

NSV: I feel great! Positive daily choices are “mostly” routine. Clothes too big/super loose. Mental clarity and strength. Sleeping so much better. No aches / pains. Slept to 5:20 this morn! BUT: Still need more consistency 🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼.

Biggest NSV: I know my body so much better! The scale doesn’t own my emotions. I’ve conquered the roller coaster 🎢!As long as I’m “on plan” Im not going to think twice over a 2 -3 pound fluctuation. (If I pig out, of course, I’ll be down on myself … But that’s different… That’s 💯on me& not the scale !!

12/23⚖️ 129.8
    Yesterday: ✅macros & 1382 cal, 🚶‍♀️9.9k, 123 ex min, 1054 ex cal 🔥, 76 min💗Z2 . ✅🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼(30 min)

Up waaayyyy to early today!
    EPIPHANY:
    I fessed up that I have struggled with my weight & the way I view /feel about my body since I was in grade-school. The last nine years I have gained and lost 15+ lbs SIX times. I deplore the way that 🎢 makes me feel… I feel like a failure each time I gain back the weight I lost. I don’t want THAT to happen again so this time I’m paying ultra close attention 👀 to what triggers me once I hit a weight goal, embrace that place a while and then, boom…. Welcome 15! So…. I’m setting new goals to build strength and muscle. … New goals that will provide focus elsewhere than the scale. New goals that focus on strength. For me, building muscle/balance/agility, etc. is “harder” than dropping pounds. The battle is between my ears.

If I’ve struggled for 55+ years with weight and self-image … why would that disappear just because I lost 15 lbs? My struggle is more than pounds….

I’m grateful for this “JGMTD” Challenge. Every 10 days I can gently shift/tweak process/actions based on what I continue to learn about myself. I’m glad I’m on this journey… Better late than never! 😎❤️

Pulling for all of you!🎄🎁

12/24⚖️ 130.8 so puffy this morning! Yucky feeling. Tired. Yesterday: 🚫macros & 2032 cal, 🚶‍♀️11.1k, 88 ex min, 🔥574 ex cal, 💗Z2 74 min . ✅🏋️‍♀️🤸🏼(10min)

Ate too many carbs. Took myself out of Ketosis*** Bummer. Dessert wasn’t even that good. (We were 🥳 celebrating our Anniversary (15th) and the coconut cake was brought out by the waiter!) How could I say no?! Delicious dinner (small portions), great time and we had a blast.

***Note to self: SUGAR - Remember – the piece of cake was NOT worth the fact it took me 💯 OUT of Ketosis. And, it may have ruined the healing of my 72 hr fast. The sugar brought me ZERO joy and it wasn’t worth it (to me). Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed everything about last night, but I don’t enjoy knowing that I have to start at ground zero today. (It’s not like going over calories…. With going over calories, you can be on target the next day… vs. going out of ketosis it’ll take me another week to get where I was). No bad feelings… Just a fact. It was a choice….

So here are my choices today… Do I eat a little dessert or enjoy a sugary beverage tonight (because I’m NOT in ketosis) or do I start back immediately today?… “Tomorrow is the enemy of today!” Decisions…. decisions! I’ve still got the 12/31👖 Pants-demonium Challenge in mind! 😀

Cooking today. Might have time for a short walk… Thirteen at my sisters home tonight-will miss my DGS!

Enjoy today everyone!

📣#bestshapeofmylife 📣
    Let’s Go!

—————————————-
    Health Journey

1990 (Age 32) - Avg. 135 lbs
    2001 (Age 43) - Avg 145 lbs
    2010 (Age 52) HW 172 lbs

UGW = 130lbs (ceiling)

In Aug 14, 2014 @ 157lbs (down 15 from heaviest of 172lbs in 2010), I decided to take control of my health. I lost 30lbs by 1/1/2015. Weight topped @ 128-132lbs through the end of 2020. Five years!

🎢 Roller Coaster Begins….

2020 through 2021, I fluctuated 132-140 lbs.

8/1/ 2022 crept up to 142lbs.
    Dropped to 128lbs again by 9/30 then held 130lbs till 1/1/23.

2023 Back ⬆️ 145lbs by July 15! 15lbs BOOM! Enjoyed eating & margaritas way too much! Ive always eaten healthy BUT portion control is/was a huge issue. Started tracking. Joined “Just give me 10 days” R231 in beginning of 8/2023. Here we are!

I learned MY choices created an emotional 🎢 roller coaster with yo-yo weight and fitness. My forever goal is to reach 130lbs as a ceiling. Pretty clear to me that once I reached a goal weight I would then relax/ drift backwards. So glad 145lbs was the max over the last nine years.

I also noticed that as I age it becomes much MUCH more difficult to lose weight. I could loose 15lbs easy in 6 to 8 weeks up to 2020ish … This is absolutely not true anymore!!!!

Cumulative Round Results
    7/15/2023 145lbs
    R231 SW 143.6 EW 141.6 -3.4
    R232 SW 140.2 EW 138.7 -6.3
    R233 SW 139.4 EW 137.8 -7.2
    R234 SW 137.8 EW 136.2 -8.8
    R235 SW 136.2 EW 137.0 -8.0
    R236 SW 137.0 EW 135.4 -9.6
    R237 SW 135.4 EW 134.6 -10.4
    R238 SW 134.0 EW 133.2 -11.8
    R239 SW 133.0 EW 131.8 -13.2
    R240 SW 132.3 EW 132.0 -13.5