Unsure exactly how much to eat to meet goals

Options
asd3412r5t1freasd
asd3412r5t1freasd Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, if I have the data currently set to about 2800 calories a day with a goal of losing 0.5 calories a week, am I supposed to eat exactly to 2800? Or go below? How much below?

I'm just realizing now that losing weight probably means going under calorie figures and I need help knowing how to adjust.

Best Answer

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You've selected a weight loss rate in the settings, which means the calorie goal games that goal into consideration. So the goal is to eat that number, not significantly less (or more). Being exact can add unnecessary stress, so I'd say a range of 50kcal above and below is fine.

And then evaluate after 4 to 6 weeks: if you're losing at the intended rate, no change is needed. But if you're losing more slowly or more quickly, you can adjust your intake: based on the principle that it takes a deficit of around 3500kcal to lose a lb/7700kcal to lose a kg.

Answers

• mitchelltransport6808
    Options
    For a woman should I start at 1800 calories or go straight to 1500? 69 years old 5 ft 7 inches. 299.4 lbs.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    edited January 2
    Options
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    For a woman should I start at 1800 calories or go straight to 1500? 69 years old 5 ft 7 inches. 299.4 lbs.

How many calories are you consuming now? Are you under a doctor's care?