Custom exercises

Options
I do a farmers carry and dead hangs but they are not in the exercise database. Can I add them and, if so, how?

I also want to see my progress so need to see what I've done previously on each exercise I log. Can I do this as well?
Tagged:

Answers

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    In Exercise, under Cardio you can find Strength Training. Enter length of session. You'll get very little utility from trying to calculate calories for individual exercises or sets.

As for progress tracking, I use my own Google Sheets spreadsheet. There are some free apps you can use too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,259 Member
    Options
    Retro's right. But if you do want to use the MFP strength section to track, yes, you can add custom exercises.

Are you using web browser MFP, or the phone/tablet app? (Those are quite different.) Android or Apple/iOS? (Those two are usually close but not exact.)

In web MFP, start from your exercise diary, and search for the exercise (that doesn't exist ;) ). Then use this link to add it as a strength exercise:

rh9h1imma98m.jpg

In the Android app, starting from your diary or the exercise card on the dashboard, click "add exercise" (in diary) or the plus sign (on the exercise card). Then it's here:

90qhl2zns0ob.png

I'm guessing that'd be enough for you to figure it out from there, but if you need more detail, reply back here and @ tag my ID.

I use a small notebook to track strength workouts, but yeah, there are apps for that have more features than what MFP offers for this function. Some are free.