50pd Weight Loss Challenge - " Team Work Makes The Dream Work."

Options
ladycopnh1
ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
Hi All,
Some of you may know me from the "Are you over 200pds, Let's diet together" challenge. I am starting a second link for everyone wishing to lose 50pds ( more or less ) in the coming year. This year is coming to a close and I don't know how well you did this past year, but I still have a ways to go and need some friendly help and motivation. This sight is a no judgement zone. Feel free to come on, check in each week with your weight loss/gain, jump for joy or vent, whichever the case may be and don't be affair to give some friendly advice to those of us in need.

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    Options

What are you doing to prepare for January 1st ?

"My" weigh in days have always been Tuesdays, but you can pick any day of the week that's convenient for you. LET'S DO THIS !!! This is going to be our year.

Starting Weight:
    Jan. 2:
    Jan. 9:
    Jan. 16:
    Jan. 23:
    Jan. 30

Total January loss:

Feb. 6:
    Feb. 13:
    Feb. 20:
    Feb. 27:

Total February loss:

Mar. 5:
    Mar. 12:
    Mar. 19:
    Mar. 26:

Total March loss:

Apr. 2:
    Apr. 9:
    Apr. 16:
    Apr. 23:
    Apr. 30:

Total April loss:
  • kathleengoreski
    kathleengoreski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have surgery in April, and I want to be 230 if possible before going under anesthesia, due to complications can be worse for someone my size. I started at 302 two years ago. I got confirmed for surgery in September at 275 pounds and today I hit 259 pounds. So, if I can lose 29 more pounds by April I will be jumping for joy. Thank you for having this group because weight loss is hard especially when you have no one doing it with you. We got this.
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    Welcome aboard Kathleen, you got this, and YES, it is so hard dieting alone. You have no one to count to but yourself and you know how that's gonna end up. My big brother lives in Wyoming and he and I starting a diet / excuse me "weight loss challenge" starting January 1st. this past year. of course, as we all know men have a fast metabolism than women so he was always up on me by 5pds or more, but we would text each other once a week to see where each other was at, and we were totally honest with each other. Well about 4 months into it he had to go on a cattle round up and branding and let's just say that was when I caught up with him and was able to get ahead. I beat him to a 50pd loss by August. He was my motivator, and I couldn't have done it without him.
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    Well, Christmas eve & Christmas is over. Now it's time to detox the frig, cupboards, hiding places ( you know what I'm talking about if you're viewing this site ). It's time to get ready for January 1st.
  • tonayamichelle
    tonayamichelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My weight's been creeping up about 10 pounds/year ever since 2018 until now I have about 50 pounds to lose. It's become so daunting to me, loving the chance to have some support here!
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    Awesome tonaya, welcome. I'm excited to get to know you and pray that we can help each through this with Kathleen's support as well.
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    The count down is on.... Monday starts a new beginning.
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    Well,
    I think I have eaten everything that I've been craving in order to get that off my mind. My paperclips are in a cup ready to go, and you're thinking "excuse me ??" I have a small space in my bedroom, actually it's around my door frame where I will start to make a chain with paperclips, one clip equals one pound of weight I have lost. I tell you what, when you have a visual of what you have lost, it's very impressive, especially when you've got 50pds to lose, and around the door frame doesn't look bad and it's not in the way of anything. I also make a maze on my computer to keep track of my daily routine. I put small squares throughout the trail of the maze, and I color each box to show each day weather or not I have completed that day's exercises. It makes it entertaining. Kinda like an adult's version of shoots-n-ladders. If you're lucky you can make it to the center of the maze when you've made your goal weight.
    Oh, and don't forget to give yourself a gift box along the way to keep the incentive going.
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    "My" weigh in days have always been Tuesdays, but you can pick any day of the week that's convenient for you. LET'S DO THIS !!! This is going to be our year.

Starting Weight:
    Jan. 2: 184
    Jan. 9:
    Jan. 16:
    Jan. 23:
    Jan. 30

Total January loss:

Feb. 6:
    Feb. 13:
    Feb. 20:
    Feb. 27:

Total February loss:

Mar. 5:
    Mar. 12:
    Mar. 19:
    Mar. 26:

Total March loss:

Apr. 2:
    Apr. 9:
    Apr. 16:
    Apr. 23:
    Apr. 30:

Total April loss:
  • Karlo9152
    Karlo9152 Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 4
    Options
    I’m in

Starting weight:138.9kg

January 2: 138.9kg
    January 6:
    January 9:
    January 13:
    January 16:
    January 20:
    January 23:
    January 27:
    January 30:
  • mjstewies
    mjstewies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Would love to join your group Ladycop! I've been SLOWLY getting the pounds off but would like to amp it up a bit this year. If I could lose 50lbs, that would be incredible. I liked your ideas about the paperclips and it made me remember one year when I did really well (2009 I got under 200 - didn't last long), anyway, what I did to help keep track of how much weight I lost was: I tried to walk almost everyday and I would pick up little rocks along the way. I put them in a basket and each week I would weigh the basket and make sure it was equivalent to the amount of weight I had lost so far. That basket got pretty damn heavy and each time I was feeling down, I would pick it up. I think I need to do that again this year. My name is Missy, I'm going to be 66 this month. Time for a new me!

Highest weight: 256
    Current weight: 211.8
    Goal weight: 156

Starting Weight:
    Jan. 2: 213.2
    Jan. 9:
    Jan. 16:
    Jan. 23:
    Jan. 30

Total January loss:

Feb. 6:
    Feb. 13:
    Feb. 20:
    Feb. 27:

Total February loss:

Mar. 5:
    Mar. 12:
    Mar. 19:
    Mar. 26:

Total March loss:

Apr. 2:
    Apr. 9:
    Apr. 16:
    Apr. 23:
    Apr. 30:

Total April loss:
  • Karlo9152
    Options
    I’m in

Starting weight:138.9kg

January 2:138.9kg
    January 6:139.1kg
    January 10:
    January 13:
    January 17:
    January 20:
    January 23:
    January 27:
    January 30:
  • Karlo9152
    Options
    I’m in

Starting weight:304lbs

January 2:304lbs
    January 6:304lbs
    January 13:
    January 20:
    January 27:
  • mjstewies
    Options
    Weigh in day!!

Jan. 9: 212.8 (I'll take it! Aiming for under 210 for my bday on the 29th.)
    Jan. 16:
    Jan. 23:
    Jan. 30
    JANUARY TOTAL:
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    Hi all,
    It's so great to have more members...welcome.
    Missy, I love that idea. Go for it again. Your gonna get your birthday wish, I just know it.
    Karlo, good job ! No higher numbers is a good week.

My Starting Weight:
    Jan. 2: 184
    Jan. 9: 180
    Jan. 16:
    Jan. 23:
    Jan. 30

Total January loss:

Feb. 6:
    Feb. 13:
    Feb. 20:
    Feb. 27:

Total February loss:

Mar. 5:
    Mar. 12:
    Mar. 19:
    Mar. 26:

Total March loss:

Apr. 2:
    Apr. 9:
    Apr. 16:
    Apr. 23:
    Apr. 30:

Total April loss:
  • Karlo9152
    Options
    I’m in

Starting weight:307.3lbs

January 2:307.3lbs
    January 6:307.3lbs
    January 10:306.4lbs
    January 13:
    January 17:
    January 20:
    January 24:
    January 27:
    January 31:
  • Karlo9152
    Options
    @ladycopnh1 I got a break with a low number this week 😊.
  • ladycopnh1
    Options
    Great job Karlo, I'm so proud of you !
  • mjstewies
    Options
    Well this week didn't go very good. Snack snack snack. Lots of shoveling though.

Jan. 9: 212.8 (I'll take it! Aiming for under 210 for my bday on the 29th.)
    Jan. 16: 213.7
    Jan. 23:
    Jan. 30
    JANUARY TOTAL:
  • Karlo9152
    Options
    I’m in

Starting weight:307.3lbs

January 2:307.3lbs
    January 6:307.3lbs
    January 10:306.4lbs
    January 13:307.3lbs
    January 17:308.1lbs
    January 20:
    January 24:
    January 27:
    January 31:

It’s kind of maddening the fluctuations when you believe are logging foods & drinks accurately. I guess this is just part of the journey!

I’m not overreacting because it’s
    only the 1st month of the year.