Settings

Options
Ok. New here. Cinda confused. I have my protine. Carbs. And fat set for grams allowed per day. When I start the week there correct. But by day 2 those goal numbers go up like it's a carry over from previous day left over points. Is this right. Thanks for any help.
Tagged:

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fitness tracker synced to MFP? If so, that will add calories if you move more (per the tracker) than MFP expected (based on your MFP profile settings). When calories get added, the macro amounts go up, too.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,403 Member
    Options
    Go back into the goal setting section and make sure they are set right. If I recall, you can only set them by grams if you are on premium. Otherwise they are a percentage ratio.

If you exercise, your daily calorie allowance goes up, so even though the ratio of fats, carbs, and protein will stay the same, the amount that shows up as your goal will increase. For example, I think that protein defaults to 20% of your calories. If your calorie goal is 1700 per day, that's 340 calories from protein or 85 grams (4 calories per gram for protein). If you get 300 calories of exercise, your calorie goal is now 2000, so your protein goal would now be 400 calories, so your diary will show the new goal of 100 grams. It's kind of a moving target, and it's really just for guidance.

The main thing is to keep sticking to it. Don't quit. Log completely and honestly, then pay attention to results. If your results are different from your expectations, either you aren't measuring something correctly or you need to revise your goals.