Weekly Weigh-in Group

Options
chris_in_cal
chris_in_cal Posts: 2,184 Member
Hello,

For added accountability, transparency, and support, there is an MFP Weekly Weigh Ins group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118368-weekly-weigh-in-group

This is for anyone who wants to do a weekly weigh-in as part of their weight loss/weight gain/weight maintenance journey. Weekly threads run from Monday - Sunday, I prefer Monday for my public weigh in's as I get it out of the way, Friday is probably the most common time for members to post.

I was looking for somewhere public to post mine, as having group support will encourage me more.

There is a Frequently Asked Questions:

Q How does it work?
A Each week down in "Discussions" there is a new weekly thread, post your details in each week and then we will track the results and post up a progress post at the end of each month
(Here is this week's: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906220/weigh-ins-week-commencing-mon-1st-january )

Q What do the abbreviations people use in the weight loss threads mean?
A SW: Start Weight; GW: Goal Weight; LW: Last Week; TW: This Week; OL: Overall Loss

Q Do I have to weigh in every week?
A No you don't - I keep the information in a spreadsheet, so if you're away or you fall off the wagon for a little while your details will still be there, they just won't be used in the stats if you've not weighed in with us during the current month.

Q Do I have to post all the information that everyone else does?
A No you can just post your current weight if that's what you are comfortable with, the other figures are just more helpful for the progress stats.

Q When is the best time to weigh?
A It is more consistent if you weigh first thing in the morning, before you've eaten and after you've used the bathroom. The day of the week is your preference. If like myself, you like to indulge a little on the weekend, it's probably better to weigh in Weds-Fri sometime so that you get a better sense of what you weigh once any water retention has passed.

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It's a wonderfully supportive group :) Also, we're doing a New Year yoga challenge!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    For some peer support and help being more consistent, it's a good thing to join in.