Hello - 50 in August - my goal for weight loss

Options
This isn't my first rodeo with MyFitnessPal but it's like my comfort blanket weight loss app. For 40 years I was thin and athletic but early perimenopause kicked me in the metabolism quite badly and for the last 9 years I have gone over my goal/standard/normal weight by 2 and a half stone, and up nearly 3 dress sizes. I have yo-yoed on all different diets but I couldn't seem to stick to anything and then came alcohol to try and numb that pain, and here we are - 49, fat, borderline alcoholic, and seriously sad. I am 50 in August and I want to wear the lovely clothes that are gathering dust in my wardrobe because I'm too fat to get into them, I want to be able to look in the mirror and not be repulsed, I want to wear a bikini in the summer without losing sight of the knickers because of my muffin top.
Thanks for reading (and the therapy that came with writing all that!)

Replies

• dlmraven1
    dlmraven1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I too was strong, fi, thin and capable of strenuous activity. I felt confident in my movements and new my bodies abilities and limitations After my pregnancy I was able to get to 10lbs above my pre pregnancy weight which was great.
    I then got an autoimmune and was stuck on prednisone steroids for 8 years on and off.
    I gained 60lbs in less than 2 months. My husband left me within 16 mo., and with an infant. Only 2 per million have my disease and I was very sick at the time. Im still sick and am stuck on meds the rest of my life.
    I broke both my feet at the same time from the weight on my small frame. My weight has gone up and down and I will forever struggle with losing any weight and my huge belly hangs now from the up n down weight.
    Im 51. And before this, I used to be noticed when I walk in a room now Im a shadow. After I talk with people, I feel like they roll their eyes and are glad I finally left.
    I will never physically and mentally be my healthier version. I’m living in a small town, that I’m not happy in, adding to the misery. Although my friend’s n family tell me I’m worthy and will be loved again by a partner, I tell them I’m being realistic in the truth that no man will sign up for
    1) a sick woman who cant work full time
    2) a woman whose daily health is unpredictable and can’t plan ahead for dates or visits
    2) a woman who was 135lbs but is now considered obese, with hanging fat and even a buffalo hump
    3)a single mom of a 13 year old boy.
    That’s a lot to ask of others and a lot for one person to be comfortable with.
    Im sorry you’re hurting, I’m right here with you.
    Have you had your hormones and thyroid
    checked? Late 40’s seems to be the time we need a doctor to take us seriously. I took years to get help with my narcolepsy because as a woman, I must be at fault, I’m a tired student, i party too much, its the pregnancy, its parenting, finally 5 years ago I found a doc who listened. 3 sleep studies later diagnosed.