What's the last thing you didn't buy?

Options
AdahPotatah2024
AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 983 Member
Inspired by youtube millennials, I am doing an anticonsumerist no spend year! Challenging myself to buy food and only replacements for stuff I already have. I'm allowing myself to buy gifts for others,too. So, here are all the things in 2024 I wanted to buy, but didn't.

Replies

• AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    I wanted to buy some cute car seat covers. I drive my uncle to his Dr. Appts and he holds his drink between his legs on the seat and leaves stains. I guess I can find cute pillows or towels around the house to put over them.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Wahoo Kickr Rollr / Powrlink Bundle on my shopping list for 2025!
  • ljacobs12ljlj
    ljacobs12ljlj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lots of things I don't want to buy but I have to, like fan belt for my car, oil change for car and anything car related but I've really missed my car and starting new job soon so I really need to get it fixed ASAP. Public transport is pretty non existent where I live.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,810 Member
    Options
    Got a handyman to teach us how to change the fuse in the ancient dryer instead of buying new.

• TamraLynn78
    TamraLynn78 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts but I buy all my clothing and handbags on consignment.

• KayZeee40
    KayZeee40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a really good idea. I'm thinking about replacing my trainers, upgrade glasses. But will need to think do I really need to plan for a weekend away to Amsterdam.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Got a handyman to teach us how to change the fuse in the ancient dryer instead of buying new.

I have a 20 + year old washer/dryer. Hope it holds out for atleast one more year!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this post!

Changing my spending habits not by choice but out of necessity.

Our taxes in Canada are out of control and I now have zero fun money to spend. Thanks a lot Justin Trudeau! :(
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    My taxes aren't terrible, but insurance and grocery bills are twice as high as they were a few years back.not to mention, I have a teenager.. :D
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    I intended to replace my gym shoes with the New Year as they are starting to fall apart, but when my jeans developed a rip in the upper thigh I had to swing money over to new pants instead. Looks like I'll be keeping my shoes going for another few months until I have more free money, or they fall apart, whichever occurs first.
  • HungryCatapilar24
    HungryCatapilar24 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I didn’t buy a cruise or holiday this year and didn’t buy anything in the January sales.. food wise I didn’t buy myself any Ben and jerrys which is normally a Friday treat while watching a movie with my son .
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't NOT buy some things from Temu last night but I also didn't buy some things from Temu last night :) (Space saving drawer for refrigerated eggs since I'm eating them a lot more and headphones with a memory card slot because why not?)
  • sunbella2023
    sunbella2023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I didn’t buy a smart watch! Almost talked myself into for fitness tracking purposes then figured a Fitbit would be cheaper but decided not to get that either. I know I will just use it for a few months then toss it aside like most things I think I need 🧐🙂
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    I did NOT buy donuts after my gym workout this morning, so both my wallet and my waistline are happy!
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    I did not buy Valentine's Day candy last time I was at the grocery store even though technically it is allowed as it is a food item. 👍
  • sr2587
    sr2587 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That house in TX…so much house…so little $$.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,918 Member
    edited January 11
    Options

I have a 20 + year old washer/dryer. Hope it holds out for atleast one more year!

My dryer was bought second hand long, long ago. My repairman loves it. He always brings a couple of students with him to show them the "workings" of the original type. The kind they had in the "good ole days"
    My car is 14 years old. First one I've had longer than 4 years. How long can I keep it? Prices were crazy during the pandemic. Haven't even looked since then.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Haha..I love that! He uses it for his students?You have to keep it! 😋
    I bought a new car a few years ago for the first time ever.. so many regrets, but all the used cars were almost as high as the new ones.and I had moved to the country.
    The insurance is the worst. I went from paying $20 a month to $200.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I didn’t buy a yacht unfortunately. Maybe next year.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    A yacht is way out of my league...