Can I set Mini-Goals for Weight Loss?

Options
My overall weight loss goal is to lose 30 pounds. However, along the way I'd like to set mini-goals (or milestones) for weight loss so that I feel successful in the small successes. My vision is to set a milestone mini-goals of 5 pounds each. Is there a way to do that in MFP? I know that I can alter my overall weight loss goal, but I wonder if I change it from 30 pounds to 5 pounds, if that will affect my calories and statistics? Thanks!

Best Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can set a goal to lose 5lbs, but not to a goal to lose 30lbs in 6 steps. But you could look for some weight trending apps. I know Happy Scale for iOS has this option. Not sure whether Libra for Android does this.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,117 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can only set one weight goal on MFP, but the good news is that it doesn't alter your calorie goal (your calorie goal is based on your activity level, personal stats and chosen weight loss rate) and, unless you change your starting weight, you'll still see your total loss so far in your stats.

I think intermediary goals are a great idea as a strategy. I'd also suggest adding some 'process' goals as well, to avoid getting too obsessed with the scale: goals like hitting your calorie goal, getting a certain number of steps per day, getting a certain amount of fiber/protein,...

Answers