Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ready for a Change

12346»

Replies

• Overheadfan
    Overheadfan Posts: 70 Member
    Thank you for your reply, it was very timely. I took a bit of time reflecting on all the wins I've had. Only a 6 kg loss since the start of the year but my diet is clean, nutritious and making me feel so much better. My fitness has improved significantly and no sugar means I'm sleeping well and have more energy.
    After I posted my last message ( having a grumble and getting a bit fed up with my progress) , I went shopping and ran into someone I haven't seen for a few months. She commented on how healthy I looked. That was lovely to hear.
    My negative voice inside told me that my weightloss was too slow, but Comparison really can be the Thief of Joy, as the saying goes.
    Instead of comparing myself to everyone else's health journey , I should be comparing myself to ME ..or to put it more precisely.. .. thinking back to how I was feeling prior to starting my diet and exercise campaign .

Given that this approach will be the basis for the rest of my life ( nutritious food and activity everyday) , I'm just going to remain steadfast and determined.

Your suggestion about measurements is good one. Ditto photographs. I haven't done that and it's probably time I started .
    MFP has been so important to me, lots of encouraging and supportive people like yourself. It's such an important part of keeping myself motivated and enthusiastic.

It's always good to hear from the long term members, like yourself . 6 years is a lot of knowledge, determination and self motivation and I applaud you.
    I think to myself about the alternative...no way I'm throwing in the towel....zero chance there's anything appealing about having aching joints because of the sugar and lack of exercise that I had 8 months ago.
    I already know I'm an MFP " lifer" .

Enjoy your trip. :)
    p.s. I'm going to google Nugo bars. :)

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I’m having a “fat mind” hump while we travel, and I can’t exercise and don’t have a scale for reassurance (funny, that…Scale as reassurance?!). I had planned to run, but hubs put his foot down. He says I don’t need to break something on cobblestones and no one runs here. My running gear (and running in general) would be like a neon TOURIST sign.

He’s texting me some third-person photos right now. If I take them myself I do a poor job, and I feel a fool taking a photo in a mirror, and of course they’re reversed, which is confusing. It’s much easier to see Me As Others See Me when they come from someone else.

All this to say, it’s just flat out hard to get over it for some of us. That’s not a bad thing. I figure if the devil is always at my heels, it’ll keep me on my toes.

Nugo bars are awesome. Vegan, low but real sugar and chocolate, 200 calories. (I don’t care for the Slim version. They taste bitter to me.) if you’ve got a Sprouts nearby you can pick a couple up to sample. The coconut tastes just like a Mounds bar but with protein and fewer calories. If you sign up for text/emails they send tons of % off offers, which is good. Makes the price a lot more reasonable.