Meeting daily targets?

Options
How do I reach my calorific goal without going over my macronutrients targets?

Best Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,539 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You don't need to. Assuming your goal is weightloss then you only need to get the calories about right. Macros are not for weightloss but for general satiety and health. If you made no changes to them then you might as well just ignore them. Yeah, your muscles need enough protein and lots of bodily functions need sufficient fat, think of some fat soluble vitamins, digestion, brain function, but overall it's fine to just eat as you prefer and make some tweaks later if you feel like you're too hungry or not happy
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yep, calories calories calories.

If you feel like you have to meet some perfect macro goal, change your settings to “weekly”.

I find I’m much closer on a weekly average than fretting over daily numbers.

Answers

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Options
    9gsnjorhv1vy.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,539 Member
    Options
    If you're not happy with how your macros look at the end of the day, and it's always kind of the same you can also adjust them. Simples.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Which of your macros are important to YOU?
    It's important to me that I get enough protein because my hunger tomorrow is driven by the protein I eat (or dont) today. I try to keep protein close because it makes my life easier.
    It's kind of important to me to keep fat down to goal or less. Partly because it's easy for me to overeat fats to the extent that I sacrifice other nutritious foods to stay under calories. I'm fairly strict about fat intake.
    Carbs don't matter as much to me. I love veggies, like fruit, mostly don't like grains. Since veggies are low calorie, on a day I'm really hungry my carbs are higher, and on a day I'm not so hungry they're lower. No
    Discipline needed.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    Hit your protein as close as possible and carbs and fats will just be what they are