Back at It

Options
On a wellness journey but tracking seems to be one of the hardest things to do consistently. Back at it trying to log everything on Fitness Pal. Happy to find an accountability partner.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome @leslieorbach3733

Is there anything in particular you find difficult about tracking? It can be challenging at first to find the correct entry in the database. It will pay you back if you do it carefully, especially for foods you eat often. They will show up in your "recent foods" and be right there when you go log next time.

I predict it will get easier. It might even get to be second nature. If you don't have a digital food scale, I recommend finding one. It will help a lot, and it is much more accurate than using spoons and cups. It also makes things faster. Eventually you'll have your eyeballs calibrated so you can do pretty good estimating when you are away from the scale. You also will likely get good at "deconstructing" a food you order out so you can make an informed guess as to what's really in there and log it as accurately as possible.

There's great tools here. MFP will serve you best if you log honestly and completely. Keep sticking to it!
  • Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Morning! I know what you mean about logging consistently! I tend to have bursts of enthusiasm - usually months at a time but then fizzle out a bit! It reminds me of seeing how long I can hold my breath!

I'm with you on focusing on wellness and health. I'm tracking my percentage muscle, fat and water as well as just straight weight and taking it slow. Friend request sent