Graduating from 'obese' to 'overweight'

Options
Hi not sure what to put but I figured I'd share my first big milestone and invite others to do the same.

22kg down and I'm finally below 30 BMI.

15kg to go until I'm considered 'normal' (20 if adjusted for ethnicity) and although I'm proud of my progress, I'm worried that I've plateaued for the past month or so, especially with life doing it's best to add stress on top of stress. Any tips?

Replies

• AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just want to say “Great job!”, and keep doing what you’re doing, as it’s obviously giving you the right results! 👍
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @ReReNotMe!

That is indeed a great thing you have done for yourself and the people who care about you. It's appropriate to celebrate that victory. I'm glad you see it as a success because it is!

The most very basic tip is to just keep sticking to it. Plateaus will happen. Don't let them ruffle your feathers. Make sure you revisit your goal setting from time to time as you lose mass because you'll need fewer calories to move a smaller version of yourself around for day-to-day activities. Just keep after it. If you have a day where you don't, just let it pass and get back started right away. Don't wait for next week or tomorrow - do it now.

Trust the process and keep celebrating the successes without beating yourself up when the inevitable speed bump jostles you.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Congrats. If you haven't already, consider lifting weights to improve muscle mass retention and body composition, which will help you significantly as you lose more fat. BMI isn't a great indicator for an individual.
  • Zachor717
    Zachor717 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOW! Aren't you proud of yourself?? Losing those last few pounds feels like trying to wring out a dry sponge, doesn't it? It can be done. The key for you sounds like your stress level. Stress, and accompnying inflamation, can increase cortisol levels, which will tank your weight loss. Try to think of your stress as your opponent in a boxing ring. Stress is your opponent. It's you or your apponent. Let nothing stand in your way. Knock 'em out!
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow I wasn't expecting so much support. Thank you all so much. I'll definitely take it all on board to keep going.

You're all amazing and I wish you all the best. Hope yous have a great day and thank you again :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    Options
    @ReReNotMe

There is even additional LURKING support cheering you on! :wink:

... onward on your quest for ongoing weight management
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @ReReNotMe

There is even additional LURKING support cheering you on! :wink: