How do you fix a stall?

Options
So ive lost close to 17lbs since starting this app. Now I find myself stuck between 251-252. It's been that way for a week or so. I've done a cheat day to try and reset, I've done my workouts and lowered my carb intake... Any other ways?
Tagged:

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes, patience. Weightloss doesn't happen every day. If you have a menstrual cycle then best compare your weight at the same time of your cycle, thus roughly 4 weeks apart as your body holds onto water at certain times in the cycle and dumps it again. This can mask weightloss. Also, you said you had a cheat day. Nothing wrong with that. But more food means more poop weight in your intestines, possible more waterweight due to eating more carbs and salt. All of this is not bodyfat, but also has a weight. Thus try to relax and trust the process. I mean, you lost 17lbs, which is massive!

Actually, I just saw you joined 1 january. That means you lost 17lbs in 27 days! The maximum weightloss per week you should have is 2lbs per week, and you lost 4.4lbs per week! Maybe it's time to realize that you've been losing super super fast! So it's possible that your body is just catching up with this massive loss and recalibrating a bit. I mean, you're still way ahead of your goal. Thus relax, eat enough, calm down. It's working
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A week is noise. Plus as yiara said, that cheat day probably added two or three pounds of temporary weight via water retention and waste.

If you've really lost 17 pounds in just over three weeks, I have to ask, is that the air diet?
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    A week is nothing. If no loss in 4 weeks you’ll need to lower weekly calories. A cheat day won’t reset anything. A big enough cheat day can negate a whole weeks worth of a deficit.