FEBRUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    So guess who’s running a half marathon on Sunday slightly unfit and certainly not trained. It’s going to be an interesting day!

That must have been quite a surprise! Hope you can at least have fun with it!!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    A very famous youtuber Casey Neistat has a really good running video he just put out. Worth :10 mins.
    https://youtu.be/9IiTdSnmS7E?si=9uJtCnqu3eGuR5b4
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary I love that you "accidentally" signed up for a half marathon, and I'm glad you realized it before the race! Enjoy!

Question for the group: When you can't run/cycle/swim/etc, have you found any low-exertion activities that allow you to get your brain into that "zone" where you can more easily process & work through things?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,424 Member
    edited February 9
    Options
    Global warming annoyance on a small scale: I used to get my tiny, yet hefty pollen allergy in March to April. I got it this week. No running as my head hurts too much. There goes my running goal for February.
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The run during soccer practice worked out more or less. The road to practice was closed due to flooding. My son and I didn’t think there could be “real” flooding because it hasn’t rained too much and tried to “run” to practice from a parking lot on the other cc side of the river. We ended up having the choice between swimming and going back and taking a big detour in the car. By the time we got to practice, we were very late, but I still had time for 10.3km ;).

The road to nowhere.
    zfzypsrtso94.jpeg

80.1/200km for February.

@quilteryoyo Thinking of you! 🫶
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    The run during soccer practice worked out more or less. The road to practice was closed due to flooding. My son and I didn’t think there could be “real” flooding because it hasn’t rained too much and tried to “run” to practice from a parking lot on the other cc side of the river. We ended up having the choice between swimming and going back and taking a big detour in the car. By the time we got to practice, we were very late, but I still had time for 10.3km ;).

The road to nowhere.
    zfzypsrtso94.jpeg

80.1/200km for February.

@quilteryoyo Thinking of you! 🫶

Oh no, that flooding looks bad. We've had so much rain here as well. I live up a hill, but the ground is very saturated. I was only out for a few minutes today. Afraid to step in the yard because it makes the mud worse.