One of Edit/log saved recipe

Options
NickWhalan
NickWhalan Posts: 2 Member
Hi All,
I’ve created a heap of recipes i regularly eat, but i find sometimes i adjust that recipe slightly , e.g. breakfast i might change the fruit or use a different yoghurt or protein powder etc

is there a way i can grab my existing recipe and just edit an ingredient or even just change the quantity for a single meal (without having to change my saved recipe permanently) i.e i just want to log the change for that meal not save over the top of my recipe

Best Answer

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,111 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think using the Meals functionality (saving a combination of foods as a meal) might suit you more than using the recipe function. It adds the individual foods to your diary which allows you to tweak the ingredients and, if you want, save the new combo as a new meal.

Answers

• NickWhalan
    NickWhalan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for the insights , i’ll start using the meals function instead of the recipes
    that’s a big time saver !

it would be handy if you could just log your recipe and then through the food log edit the ingredients.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    I just edited a recipe today no problem. It had been a year or three. I just changed the quantity of ingredients, changed the quantity of ingredients not used to 1 gram as a place holder, and added new ingredients. I also edited the number of servings to what I made. It took four to six minutes, and now I can use the new recipe for the next six times I serve myself up a bowl of this soup.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I just edited a recipe today no problem. It had been a year or three. I just changed the quantity of ingredients, changed the quantity of ingredients not used to 1 gram as a place holder, and added new ingredients. I also edited the number of servings to what I made. It took four to six minutes, and now I can use the new recipe for the next six times I serve myself up a bowl of this soup.

But you've then lost the original recipe, no? That's what OP wants to do: keep the original but edit for, for example, a single meal where it would be different.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    The recipe I edited was called something like - "Mushroom barley miso soup #16 - copy."

I think what I may have done was opened the recipe, highlighted the ingredients and copied them to my clipboard. Then I closed the recipe and created a "new" one. This time I just edited the ingredients for THIS version. I don't really need to have that many versions when all I need to do is update what I put in THIS one. I need to delete some recipes since there's no search feature, and I don't enjoy having to page through them 20 at a time.