How to gain weight in the face?

Options
I have a very thin face and I don’t know how to put on weight there without putting on weight everywhere. Anyone know how to help?

Answers

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Just like you can't spot reduce fat (w/o surgery), you also cannot spot increase without surgery (with the exception of muscle mass).
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    If you have just lost weight, give it time. As you maintain your loss, you will find things will look better.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You can’t just add fat in certain areas.your genetics determine that
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Fillers are the only way I know of to increase skin volume without overall fat gain. They’re pretty spendy though.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    You can’t just add fat in certain areas.your genetics determine that

This.

As COGypsy says, fillers. Or fat injections. Those seem to have a longer lifespan than fillers which break down quite quickly and need to be redone. However, fat injections are going to be fairly pricey since first they harvest the fat from other areas of the body using liposuction.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to go the medical route, consider what you might accomplish with a good hair stylist/aesthetician. Hair style and make-up can make a pretty major contribution to how a person's face appears to others, including making some aspects look fuller.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    Options
    If your question comes at the tail end (or during the process) of losing weight then the best answer may be to just give it a bit of time.

It is not uncommon for people during the process of losing weight to look slightly different than they do a couple of years later once things have settled down at the new lower weight.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Yep, if you have a "naturally" thin face, there's not much you can do about that except fillers... which... leave a lot to be desired results wise. I have a naturally rounder face, so it only really leaned out when I lost a ton of weight that I shouldn't have lost. And when I regained to a healthy weight, it went straight to my face.