Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, started using the app 3 weeks ago to log food etc. doing a low carb approach.

Replies

• lisawhite1b188
    lisawhite1b188 Posts: 16 Member
    Following a low-carb approach can be an effective way to manage weight and improve overall health. Here are some tips for implementing a low-carb lifestyle:

Choose the Right Foods: Focus on whole, nutrient-dense foods that are naturally low in carbohydrates, such as leafy greens, non-starchy vegetables, lean proteins like poultry, fish, and tofu, nuts, seeds, and healthy fats like avocados and olive oil.

Limit Carbohydrate-rich Foods: Reduce or eliminate high-carb foods like bread, pasta, rice, sugary snacks, and processed foods. Be mindful of hidden carbs in sauces, condiments, and beverages.

Embrace Healthy Fats: Incorporate sources of healthy fats into your meals to help keep you satisfied and provide essential nutrients. Examples include nuts, seeds, avocados, olive oil, and fatty fish like salmon.

Moderate Protein Intake: While protein is an important part of a low-carb diet, aim for moderate portions to prevent overconsumption. Too much protein can potentially hinder ketosis, a metabolic state where your body burns fat for fuel.

Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and support metabolic processes. Herbal teas and sparkling water can also be enjoyed.

Meal Planning and Preparation: Plan your meals ahead of time to ensure you have low-carb options available. Batch cooking and meal prep can make it easier to stick to your low-carb goals, especially on busy days.

Monitor Your Progress: Keep track of your food intake, carbohydrate consumption, and how you feel both physically and mentally. Adjust your approach as needed to find what works best for you.

Be Patient and Persistent: Transitioning to a low-carb lifestyle may take time and adjustment. Be patient with yourself and focus on making sustainable changes for long-term success.

Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before making significant changes to your diet, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or concerns.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,312 Member
    Welcome. I am doing a Keto diet that leans more toward Carnivore. There are lots of helpful posts in the group https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,054 Member
    Welcome!

I feel my best when I'm eating low carb food as well as limiting alcohol.

Good luck with your journey!
  • cratone7276
    cratone7276 Posts: 5 Member
    Welcome!