New, but not new

Options
Hi all,

I’ve been using MyFitnessPall for a long time on and off to track various nutrition and health aspects. I have been overweight a long time but years of diet industry mentality gave me a terrible relationship with food, so I have spent years unpicking that, and I’m definitely in a better place with it now.

I’m now peri menopausal (yay….) and after a few very stressful years really in a place where I want to get my health back, and in all honesty shift some weight. I’ve just tried trials for a couple of weight loss programs that were supposed to be not like the others but TBH, all smoke and mirrors and I was left very disappointed. This app has the best logging and tracking system I’ve used so I’m doubling down here and want to really make the most of it. So I’m going to try and lean in the community.

So, a bit about me, I am 45 (going on 25 in my head), long term vegan, I play roller derby, but looking to increase strength and fitness overall, work in tech, love rock/metal/electronic music, grow veg and try to live as sustainably as I can. I’ve no kids unless you count my cats and I live with my partner in Bristol. If there is anyone out there who shares some interests with me and would like to buddy up, I would love that so please get in touch!

Looking forward to exploring the community a bit more and getting to know some of you!

Much love,
Lucinda

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My story feels a bit similar, haven't officially been called peri menopausal but .. I'm 43, been using MFP ofg and on for whatbefeels like forever. Trying to get myself on track and then to stay there.
  • nita__nitro
    nita__nitro Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's hard to get a diagnosis in the UK, I was just getting told I was stressed for about a year, even though I was doing all the right things to manage that, as I have in the past but wasn't feeling better. I was lucky enough to see a different Dr who suggested that my symptoms could be menopause related, so I was lucky (again, really shouldn't be luck so much as what happens!) to get prescribed HRT and have been working to get the right dose for the past few months and starting to feel hopeful that I can feel a bit more normal sometime soon!

But yes, I have used this on and off for years too, I am trying to do the same :)
  • Jenlefleur1898
    Jenlefleur1898 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Would you mind if I sent you an add, I'm not vegan. But I'm possibly going to be out through chemical menopause in a month or so. So would be good to just have accountability with someone that isn't in America or works around their kids, as i don't have any!! You also sound like you have stellar music taste!!
  • cwaldner727
    cwaldner727 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am in a similar situation, have been very active most of my life but covid, surgery, and going back to school during peri-menopause changed my lifestyle. I need accountability- it works well for me and looking for others who will lift each other up with support and encouragement not judgement. This hormone shift is ANNOYING and my body doesn’t match my mindset either.
    Would love to restart a new season of healthy choices together.
  • nita__nitro
    Options
    Hey!

Would you mind if I sent you an add, I'm not vegan. But I'm possibly going to be out through chemical menopause in a month or so. So would be good to just have accountability with someone that isn't in America or works around their kids, as i don't have any!! You also sound like you have stellar music taste!!

Absolutely! I've accepted your friend request :)
  • nita__nitro
    Options
    Hello! I am in a similar situation, have been very active most of my life but covid, surgery, and going back to school during peri-menopause changed my lifestyle. I need accountability- it works well for me and looking for others who will lift each other up with support and encouragement not judgement. This hormone shift is ANNOYING and my body doesn’t match my mindset either.
    Would love to restart a new season of healthy choices together.

Sounds good to me!