Looking for low sodium low calorie protein choices

Options
HI,
MFP has shown me that I get too much sodium and not enough protein. Does anyone have make ahead recipes for boneless skinless chicken breasts? I recently started making baked tofu ahead of time and am thinking adding chicken would help too.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• RedSydney
    RedSydney Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your basic no-salt-added poached chicken is pretty simple. Put raw boneless chicken breast in a pot, cover with water, bring to a simmer on medium heat. When water starts to actively simmer (bubble quickly around the edges) cook for 15 mins or until firm and no longer pink in the center. Refrigerate and use within 3-4 days.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    edited February 28 Answer ✓
    Options
    Bake it with lemon and herbs--enough flavor you don't miss salt. My favorite is dill. Rosemary or garlic is good. Bake some good veggies while the ovens hot. Maybe some fruit, too. I love baked apples, pineapple, plums, peaches, bananas with cinnamon. Pineapple and cuties with pork.
    Now I'm hungry! Lol
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Cut in pieces, make a huge pot of curry with chicken breast and loaded with veggies, don't use too much sauce but enough that there's sauce on the outside of the chicken. Lots of spices, lots of taste, doesn't need a lot of salt.

Answers

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I bumped this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10894475/meal-prepping

Some call for salt; you can use less. Disregard the brining recipe - salt is integral to that.

However, just because MFP is poking you about salt does not mean this is actually a concern for you. If you don't have a medical reason to avoid salt, you may not actually need to reduce salt. Without a lot of salt, my blood pressure is too low. Just thought I would mention that ;)
  • roadie_jay
    roadie_jay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I bumped this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10894475/meal-prepping

Some call for salt; you can use less. Disregard the brining recipe - salt is integral to that.

However, just because MFP is poking you about salt does not mean this is actually a concern for you. If you don't have a medical reason to avoid salt, you may not actually need to reduce salt. Without a lot of salt, my blood pressure is too low. Just thought I would mention that ;)

It's probably not a problem for me as I think about it - and I don't go way over on sodium each day. Looking at the 30 day report I'm over some days, under others. I guess that's one of the problems of having so much data - not all of it demands a response. Thanks for your reasonable answer.