Hello!

Options
Hi everyone! I’m new here and I’m on a mission to lose 100 LBS. Just weighed in after my first 7 days and am 2 LBS down 🙃 The reality that this is going to take quite some time to achieve has hit me! I’m feeling determined and focused.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You're wise to recognize that it will take time. It should. It's better if it does! A good general guideline for a weight loss goal is no more than 0.5% to 1% of your current weight per week.

Be aware that there's initially a faster rate, but it should slow down. The main thing is to stick to it. Build good habits. Keep focused. If you have a bad day, don't beat yourself up. Just get back sticking to it immediately. Not next week. Not tomorrow. Do it now.
  • ChelAnnP
    ChelAnnP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck I’m in the same boat. We got this!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,464 Member
    Options
    I broke my nearly 100 pound loss into micro chunks. You are 2% of the way there. 1/50th of the weight is already gone.

Lose 3 more pounds and you’re 5% of the way. It sounds cheesy, but calculating it this way made it a lot less stressful in my head. It felt like I was in the road to my goal.

It became “real” and “hey! I can do this!!!” when I hit 10%, 20%. Each one was a milestone on my loss odometer.

Much success to you!