high protien breakfast

Options
MsMonny0802
MsMonny0802 Posts: 1 Member
I need a high protein, mod carb breakfast that is not cereal based! I currently have two boiled eggs and toast but I will soon get sick of this. Most of my carbs are divided into breakfast and snacks, so I do not want to put most of my carbs into this one meal. I am not keen on meat for breakfast either.
Any ideas? Or am I pretty much stuck with eggs every day, but in different ways???

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,432 Member
    Options
    I’ve been having a couple servings cottage cheese with a serving of honey and a few grams of a plain whole grain muesli (not nuts sugar or fruit).

Delicious! And lots of protein.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,209 Member
    Options
    I like yogurt with rolled oats, but 30 grams of oats has 20 grams of carbs. You could skip the oats and just eat the yogurt, maybe with some nutritional yeast.
  • beckymac001
    beckymac001 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    I like overnight oats and put a little protein powder, sugar free pudding mix, and plain Greek yogurt in before putting them in the fridge.
  • runningforfun2
    runningforfun2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast with an egg is my go to
  • cats2222
    cats2222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do a smoothie with protien shake, frozen fruit, and a piece of toast
  • Tlc0309
    Tlc0309 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You could make Dutch babies. It's still egg-based but I don't think you would get sick of it. It's almost like a pancake but it has a lot of protein in it. You can make high protein pancakes which there are plenty of recipes on YouTube and Google. So your car will be inside with your protein. You can make a egg bake or casserole bake. You could make chicken sausage balls or biscuits. You could also do a couple eggs with ancestral ground chicken sausage.
  • goldlady
    goldlady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2 ]veggies made great egg white Frittata . Find in the Frozen food section. Pop in microwave, ready in less than 3 minutes. Easy. yummy.
  • cfirouztash4278
    cfirouztash4278 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This Protein Chia Pudding is awesome in the morning: https://realfoodwholelife.com/wprm_print/28809
  • Sean_May
    Sean_May Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I typically have 2 eggs, scrambled, and half of a whole grain english muffin covered with (original not flavored) hummus.

It's fairly even, 260cal, 14carb, 17fat, and 16protien
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,899 Member
    edited March 26
    Options
    This morning I had a 4oz hanger steak and 3 eggs and about 2 cups of salad greens for about 50g's of protein.
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal Mug Muffin

1 packet instant oatmeal (I use low sugar)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 egg
    1/4 cup applesauce, mashed banana, or pumpkin puree

Mix in a microwavable mug and cook on high about 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
  • erynkcameron
    erynkcameron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get a collagen peptides supplement. 19g protein in one scoop. I can add it to yogurt, smoothies, even just plain water to get my protein in when I need it.
  • jmcmahan61
    jmcmahan61 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like a variety, since I get bored easily. My choices are of course eggs and bacon or sausage (don't really care for the turkey stuff), a piece of toast, Ratio yogurt, fresh berries like strawberries and blackberries and low fat cottage cheese; the Ratio yogurt is also a good snack if you need to fix a sweet tooth; the vanilla flavor is very good and it has 26 grams of protein. I just basically pick something, for instance I made broccoli florets for supper this evening now I plan to have that in the morning with some scrambled eggs, strawberries and some lowfat cottage cheese.
  • ericanahnahnah
    ericanahnahnah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do a scoop of protein powder and a scoop of collagen peptides when I am in a hurry in the morning. Cottage cheese with pepitas and beets or tomatoes.
    When I have time... low carb tortilla with some eggs and veg.
  • Ronnie_happy2ranch
    Ronnie_happy2ranch Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 29
    Options
    I have been making a mixture of egg whites, shredded zucchini, chopped tomato, spinach and feta crumbles with a sprinkle of black pepper. I mix it all together and then cook it and add a portion to an Egglife egg white wrap. The filling can be refrigerated a couple of days or frozen (but then it needs to be drained of any resulting liquid). I've been trying to be sure I get a mix of veggies and fruits each day along with extra protein and less carbs, so this works well for me for a low calorie, healthy blend. I also add a scoop of my protein/collagen peptide mix into a cup of tea each morning.
  • MichelleMac73
    MichelleMac73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    50g banana, blueberries, 50g açai ( I use frozen and thaw out, use what ever fruit u like. )
    Mix 150g greek yoghurt & WPC protein powder - 1 scoop, can use any flavour, I like vanilla protein.
    Top with 20g almonds or cacao crunch toppers or any cluster topping - AMAZING!