Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Net Carbs toggle on/off

Options
I'm Type 2 diabetic. My dietician won't let me deduct fiber from carbs in a meal unless I eat 6 gms of fiber in that meal. Your "net carbs" measure is useless to me and may be harming Type 2 diabetics who haven't worked with a dietician to understand their numbers. I need to see my carbs by themselves. I would love to be able to toggle the net carbs off.
1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,085 Member
    Options
    You can.

It's in the phone/tablet app version of MFP, not sure whether it's possible in web MFP.

In the app, it's under the "More" menu, "Diary Settings" submenu, uncheck the "Track Net Carbs" box.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You can.

It's in the phone/tablet app version of MFP, not sure whether it's possible in web MFP.

In the app, it's under the "More" menu, "Diary Settings" submenu, uncheck the "Track Net Carbs" box.

AFAIK, carbs in the web/browser version are always 'full carbs' - I think net carbs is a functionality that only works in the app (and only using premium).

And in the app, it is indeed possible to turn that option off, as Ann states.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 896 Member
    edited March 10
    Options
    Unsure about desktop version.. I’m app only.

In app- yep as others said there is a toggle.

In a pinch- “Net carbs” are determined by subtracting any fiber or sugar alcohols from the total carbohydrates.

To get total carbs- do the opposite- add your total fiber to net carbs = total carbs.

bjrywm6lmsuw.jpeg
  • Jadedraggin
    Jadedraggin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I found it.