How do you fall asleep...

Options
TribeHokie
TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
After finding a spider in your bed? Seriously. I was just laying here, lights off, reading through some facebook posts when I felt a brush on my upper arm. Turned the phone to shed some light because I thought it was a hair but NO. Freaking spider. So now I'm all keyed up and my bed is no longer a safe place : (

Replies

• weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Did you kill it?
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    You don't sleep.

Never.

Never again.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd sleep on the couch until I gutted, cleaned, and raided the whole room to make sure there were no more. May not be much comfort to you.
  • TribeHokie
    Options
    Oh yeah I smacked the crap out of it. So I had to change the sheets too.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    One time a spider was just above garage door opener. So I smashed it against the wall. My wife said "i'll get a paper towel." I said "No, leave his carcass there as a warning to the others". Spiders seen in my garage since this event = 0
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    hF380C603
  • weightedfootsteps
    Options
    LOL.....good....go to sleep now :)

No more spider!

I warn all spiders that I find in my home...you shouldn't have come in here...didn't the other spiders warn you I would eventually find you and kill you? If they didn't...sorry bout your luck! WHAP! :) No more spider!

This happens because I was bit by a brown recluse last year....and still working on paying $6,000.00 in medical bills all from one little bite that didn't need to happen!
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    misunderstood-spider-1.jpeg
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    omg DEATH BY SPIDER!

They are the scariest things in the world!

We have heaps here :/
  • weightedfootsteps
    Options
    When I moved into my apartment it took about a week and I was finding brown recluses everywhere! It was only a matter of time till me or my children got bit. I kept telling the bug man that comes, spray some real killer stuff...you know..not the stuff you spray to attract bugs so you keep your job here!!
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Place a bomb in my room. Step away and wait for it to explode. Seriously... Spiders suck. Literally.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    MjAxMi03OTcyNjhkZDQxMDhkODU0.png
  • TribeHokie
    Options
    When I moved into my apartment it took about a week and I was finding brown recluses everywhere! It was only a matter of time till me or my children got bit. I kept telling the bug man that comes, spray some real killer stuff...you know..not the stuff you spray to attract bugs so you keep your job here!!

Wow definitely don't want to live in your building
  • weightedfootsteps
    Options
    LOL....Me either!!! :laugh: Seriously though, I have a horrible landlord...but this is the only place I know of that I can afford and has enough room for me and the kids. So I'm here as long as it takes.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    It is a spider. Kill it and move on.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    After finding a spider in your bed? Seriously. I was just laying here, lights off, reading through some facebook posts when I felt a brush on my upper arm. Turned the phone to shed some light because I thought it was a hair but NO. Freaking spider. So now I'm all keyed up and my bed is no longer a safe place : (

Ummm yeah, no, no sleeping. Maybe if you moved to another room that might work. Me? I'd just stay up.

I once called my husband who was 3 hours away on a business trip because there was a spider in our room. He laughed. I then called my BFF who talked with for about 2 hours until I could work up the nerve to kill it. If it weren't for the fact my kids were already asleep we would have slept elsewhere.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem before!

I had a spider (I'm talking huntsman) decide it was going to just chill out in the door way of my room. I was too freaking scared to go downstairs so I waited.....and waited...probably a good half hour before it moved. Then I legged it downstairs to get the so called 'one shot kills' raid. More like, 'one shot does eff all and you need to unload the entire contents' raid. In doing so, I'm yelling, 'Die motherf****er'.

This was at midnight.

I didn't sleep until 1.30pm. The whole "Can't sleep, spider will eat me" was there for ages. Fun iPod music kind of helped.
  • GypsyRoad2
    GypsyRoad2 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    LOL.....good....go to sleep now :)

No more spider!

I warn all spiders that I find in my home...you shouldn't have come in here...didn't the other spiders warn you I would eventually find you and kill you? If they didn't...sorry bout your luck! WHAP! :) No more spider!

This happens because I was bit by a brown recluse last year....and still working on paying $6,000.00 in medical bills all from one little bite that didn't need to happen!

I'm pretty sure I saw a brown recluse in my basement last week; we have a shower down there, so I still think it was one...even though I've never actually saw one that I know of....I am still laughing at your post, because you should hear how I talk to bugs here......dang:laugh:
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Couch, if you're worked up. But there could be worse things (if not poisonous). We all share the planet. You could think of it as an unattractive roommate. If it bothered me & was slow, I'd probably scoop & evict vs kill.