Eating portion sizes

Options
How do you stop yourself from overeating when something is really healthy and really yummy?
Tagged:

Answers

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Ahh, the question that is always there - I'm not sure it is possible to get rid of the temptation to keep eating when something is healthy and delicious. There are things that help, though!

Slow down - the "I'm full" signals from our brain take a while to get the message and send it out. So it helps to eat more slowly.

I say that, but I am not good at it! I love to just eat while it's hot. So I just serve what I want to eat and don't ever have seconds. I make sure that there are LOTS of vegetables and things that are low calorie and high volume so that I feel full but have not banked up too many calories. Check out "volume eating" and you'll get some good information. Cut back on fillers like rice, potatoes, bread.

Once that nice big bowl or plate full of food is gone, then I have a few strategies. Say "I'm done!". or mark somehow that it is stopping time. Have some hot herbal tea to cleanse the palate. Go brush my teeth. Take a walk. Have fresh fruit if I need something sweet and juicy to finish off, but pre-plan the meal so I don't start grazing :wink:

Good luck!