Options
Hi everyone! I’m new and looking for people who are brand new to physical activity after acquired disability that presents some physical challenges and eating better. I’m old school food pyramid finding out it’s all wrong! Wishing all well!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,761 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

I'm not disabled per se, but started getting active after cancer treatment, already in my late 40s with some limitations; and lost weight at 59-60 (now 68 and still at a healthy weight). I was new to athleticism and proper calorie intake much of my life, but things seem to be on a better footing now.

Honestly, I don't think the food pyramid was all that terrible, even though there's newer guidance that's better and more clear.

Wishing you success!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,837 Member
    edited March 24
    Options
    I’m disabled.
    I used to ride a unicycle, but these days I can’t walk across my own living room without assistance of some kind.

Depending on your situation, you might want to consider a recumbent stationary bike?

There’s also chair yoga, and many other options.

I would recommend discussing your specific circumstances with an occupational therapist, if you haven’t already.

Shoot me a friend request if you wish.
    Also there’s this group.
    It’s pretty quiet, but the more members the better.

Come join? https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141248-disability-chronic-illness-fitness-and-weight-management-we-are-here-we-can-do-this