Adding friends

Options
PaulFee2024
PaulFee2024 Posts: 9 Member
First off. Hello. My name is Paul. I started off my journey at over 400 lbs and am currently sitting just under 300 lbs. I am new to this platform. So I was wondering, what is the value of friends on here? Like with IG and stuff, you can follow them, see their progress, get to know them et. But what about here?! I would love to have more friends on here but also would like to know what it is exactly you personally benefit from on the friends on your list! Have a great Day!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    edited March 27
    Options
    Hey, welcome Paul. :flowerforyou:

I guess you would know the answer to that better than we would.

If you feel a need to connect with others in some more intimate way than in the forums, then maybe the Friend thing is for you. It gives you the ability to discuss more personal things without the whole world being involved. Conversations on your Feed are hidden to everyone not on your friend list.

I've been on this site since 2007 and for a while I really got into the whole "friend" thing, but for the most part people tend to group together over certain types of interests in life. My need for connection with others online has also dwindled over the years.

There is a specialized Group called Larger Losers where you may find helpful info, and people who understand your struggle, if you're interested. It has over a thousand members. You'd have to join using the "Join" button if you wanted to post in the group, but you can read without joining:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

• Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I personally love the support and encouragement I receive from my friend network. They also help keep me accountable and cheer me on. I do the same for them!