Rainy and Cold

Options
Rainy and cold day in PA I went to Sams club I like to buy bulk, and it was 1pm and I forgot to eat lunch or bring anything so I ate one of their hot dogs. omg I saw on myfitness plan it was 500 calories and lots of sodium, it was good. What do all you do when you are out and about and it runs late, For dinner I am having hot tea since I go soak and wet today now I dont feel to good I am making a 60 calorie italian flatbread with veggies and meats. GOing to get my PJ on and chill out have a great Easter Everyone and be blessed Rita B

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    While I was losing, I made it a point to keep some shelf-stable, reasonably nutritious snacks in my car, in case I got undesirably peckish before I got home. The trick was to find some things that were reasonably tasty, but not so tempting I'd eat them when I wasn't really hungry. I mostly went with things like crispy broad beans or dry-roasted soybeans in individual packets, but protein bars could also be a reasonable thing.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,346 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    While I was losing, I made it a point to keep some shelf-stable, reasonably nutritious snacks in my car, in case I got undesirably peckish before I got home. The trick was to find some things that were reasonably tasty, but not so tempting I'd eat them when I wasn't really hungry. I mostly went with things like crispy broad beans or dry-roasted soybeans in individual packets, but protein bars could also be a reasonable thing.

We keep some snacks in the car for this sort of thing.

Meal replacement shakes are not tempting enough, but just right when needed.

I also like single serve tuna packets, the kind with the crackers included are good if gluten isn’t an issue.

One thing I used to love to pick up at an Asian market where I used to live is something called sweet mixed congee.
    It comes in a can with a spoon. It’s meant to be eaten cold.
    It’s nutritious. Between $2.50 to $3.00 a can. Available at most Asian markets, or on Amazon. Keeps indefinitely in a glovebox too.
    d0q7s4a4w5uw.jpeg
    o9y0no64o9je.jpeg