When I was a kid I wanted but never got ..

Options
RBrigzy
RBrigzy Posts: 152 Member
When I was a kid I wanted but never got the ITT Combat Radio

combat_1217287.jpg

In the 1970s I would look into the radio shop window on my way home from school and drool over this!

What did you want but never got as a kid?

Replies

• Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    American magees alice.

Box-Art-Wallpaper-american-mcgees-alice-8929449-1024-768_zps8fc5edbe.jpg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    tumblr_lps0yp3Bkh1qhpzp8o1_500.jpg

:sad:
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ballet and riding classes, lol :) Also I always wanted to see the boars in the woods close to us but never got to see any. There was an old man in the woods whose hobby it was to observe the wildlife there. He told me so much about boars that I still have this weird huge love for them. Oh, and these bad boys:
    15118_Stelzen_kl._fuer_WEB.jpg
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I desperately wanted a Mr Frosty... they looked so cool..... but it was never to be....

slushy_zpsea68830f.jpg
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Dance classes, hair crimpers and boobies. And to ride a bike, an ambition finally fulfilled at 30 :)
    Don't think the others are going to happen now!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    A pony. :sad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSENPEOKrBxtNDJwup9ZsWdxWqofB5Agq74TYY_PX1FzD60ozQI
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I wanted a baby elephant when I was six years old, and boy did my dad have a time explaining me that yes of course he loved me, but wanting an elephant is a ridiculous request. I actually still want one, but I am obviously not equipped or qualified to own a pet elephant and realize how crazy that dream is. Lol
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I really can't think of anything.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I REALLY wanted to go to Europe. I was enchanted when my father went there on business a couple of times. I almost asked him to bring me back a handful of foreign soil. (Yeah, I know- Customs wouldn't allow that.) But it was the 1960s/1970s, we lived in Ohio, I was one of 5 kids, and my parents were saving to put us through college. Europe was not even in the budget, even when a group from my HS went there and rented a camper. (Two teachers, married to each other, chaperoned.) but, I grew up, I got an education and a good job, and I've lost track of how many times I've crossed that Atlantic, both business and vacation. I've joked that I've spent my whole life making up for not going to Europe as a kid. Sometimes when you don't give your kids everything they're motivated to get it themselves.

I also wanted a makeup station that consisted of a large doll's face, with hair you could style and a bunch of cosmetics you could apply. I was about 10. My mother said heck no. Now I haven't worn makeup for decades- don't like the way it feels on my face, DH thinks I'm fine without it- and my mother keeps trying to encourage me to wear it!
  • Yep me too lol!!! I sooo wanted this and never got, so glad i had kids, they soon got one pmsl!

I desperately wanted a Mr Frosty... they looked so cool..... but it was never to be....

slushy_zpsea68830f.jpg
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to break my leg so I could have a cast and crutches.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    slushy_zpsea68830f.jpg

Me three!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to break my leg so I could have a cast and crutches.

lol, #would sign cast
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Ballet and riding classes, lol :) Also I always wanted to see the boars in the woods close to us but never got to see any. There was an old man in the woods whose hobby it was to observe the wildlife there. He told me so much about boars that I still have this weird huge love for them. Oh, and these bad boys:
    15118_Stelzen_kl._fuer_WEB.jpg

They are super easy to build. I made some in middle school.
  • RBrigzy
    Options
    I really can't think of anything.
    Must have been spoilt kid! ;)
  • RBrigzy
    Options
    A pony. :sad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSENPEOKrBxtNDJwup9ZsWdxWqofB5Agq74TYY_PX1FzD60ozQI

Poor love I cry with you :sad:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    To be a fire engine. Seriously.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    One of those motorized cars (a Barbie one), a pogo ball (too klutzy for this), and a Popple. I had a mini one, but I wanted a regular-sized one.
  • RBrigzy
    Options
    To be a fire engine. Seriously.
    To own one?
    Oh I had one - we could have shared toys, sometimes I played with sisters dollies - thank god no one knows me here from the real world!!.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I prayed every day for a bike, but then I realized god doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.