Anyone currently doing C25K? W4D2

Options
HaleCry
HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
Hi all,

I graduated from C25K about 6 years ago and was consistently running 30-40 minutes 3x weekly for a few years. I stopped running and now have to start from scratch (it sucks how quickly you become unfit!).

I have 35-40lbs to lose and I'm currently on week 4 day 2. Is anyone else currently doing the program?

Feel free to add me! :smiley:

Replies

• lgbaudoin
    lgbaudoin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying. I'm on 90sec jog/90sec walk. I have 30lbs to lose with back issues too. Gained weight after ankle surgery in 21. Went from Ironman training to nothing so weight shot up. Hard to lose.
    Keep up the great work! You've done it once you can do it again.
  • mojo48212
    mojo48212 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am doing a version of it on my Garmin. I am about 5 weeks in. Currently on 2 min walk/1 min run X8 with a 5 minute cool down. Friend request sent.
  • Wildkit85
    Wildkit85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm using the Just Run Zero to 5k app. Had success 11 years ago then health and life changed and only sporadic exercise since.
    I started in early March, but had knee pain and took a week off. Then I figured out my OTC insoles were the culprit and got back to it, repeating W3D3.

Now for the past week I've still been doing W3D3 because I've been having trouble completing the runs. I want to be sure I've got it down before advancing.
    Today I had a great session.
    Had to figure out a mostly flat route. I kept getting running prompts on the hilly parts!
  • HaleCry
    Options
    Week 7 day 3 today!
    3 runs left of the program💃🏼
  • JoshRuns
    JoshRuns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Proud of you all for beginning this journey! I started C25K 14 years ago, and I haven’t looked back. I lost over 100 pounds by running and logging food. You will regret quitting, but you will never regret finishing!
  • HaleCry
    Options
    Just wanted to update to say I completed the program on Tuesday.
    W8D2 was supposed to be a 28 minute run, but I ran 40.
    W8D3 was supposed to be 30 minutes but I RAN 60!!
    My pace is very slow but the run was very comfortable and I didn’t even feel like I was dying. 8 weeks ago I struggled to run 60 seconds non stop, 2 days ago I ran for 60 minutes!
    So proud of myself. I love this program!
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm staring Week 4 today. I'm similar. I started running in 2011 or so, when I'd lost about 70 lbs. Did a marathon in Dec 2015 and took a "break" to get married and rest some knee bursitis.

Gained all my weight back. Had some health issues. So, I'm now down almost 30 lbs and starting running again. It's so much easier with that bit of weight off. I still have a long way to go, but movement is easier.

I had to take a couple weeks off due to hip bursititis. I'm trying to learn to go slow. I keep trying to push speed but then, I get overuse injuries. So, gonna hit is slowly today.

I've always been a slow runner. I did my marathon in about 6 hours 47 minutes. :-) But I still did it. Lol.