Nutrition re Diabetes and Pancreatitis

Options
Hi! I just got back from hospital from a bad attack of acute pancreatitis. I
never want to experience that again! Also I'm a type 2 diabetic.
Can anyone recommend a diet, or foods or macros to seek or avoid, that would help with weight loss and overall health in light of both my diabetes and pancreatitis? I already practice 16:8 intermittent fasting. Thank you.

Answers

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow, ouch!

No advice as to particular foods/eating approach, but maybe a diabetic nutritionist could help?
    -- understand pancreatitis is often suffered with diabetes, so would think nutrition guidelines exist.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Wow, ouch!

No advice as to particular foods/eating approach, but maybe a diabetic nutritionist could help?
    -- understand pancreatitis is often suffered with diabetes, so would think nutrition guidelines exist.

That's good advice, with a caveat depending on location. In the US, a registered dietitian would be the professional with degrees and certifications. In a lot of states, any darned fool can call themselves a nutritionist with zero education or credentials, or some lame certificate from a short online course.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    I am not a nutitionist/dietitian or anything like that. When I received a pre-diabetic HbA1C I went Keto and within months my HbA1C was normal. I happened to have a glucose meter and my blood sugars when to a normal range in a matter of days even post meal. Not really a surprise since I don't generally eat more than 20 grams of carbs a day, but for me it worked and continues to work almost a year later. If you are on medication for your blood sugar, you will need to do a change like that will assistance as it will change your medication needs quite rapidly.