Hey all!!

Options
Not new to fitness but very new to weight training. Been a cardio lover most of my life and now trying to gain a little. Let’s see how I go!
Tagged:

Replies

• Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Start light and focus on technique, actually feeling the muscles working rather than going through the motions. Gives your bones and tendons time to start preparing for heavier loads and gives you a better mind-muscle connection to help target the right muscles and better your technique.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the iron side! We have (protein) cookies!
  • Michellepruitt33
    Michellepruitt33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’ve found a woman on YouTube that has changed my weight training. Caroline Girvan. I ended up purchasing her App I like her so much. It’s the first time I be seen the muscles toning up. Give her a try
  • amberjanebanks
    amberjanebanks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @Leo_King_84 could I ask you a question about form? I’m just unsure about my squat form. For instance, when I do hip thrusts you can really feel the burn and tension across your entire glute area. When I’m doing my squats, I slowly lower down and I feel almost an opening of my glutes, hard to explain, but it feels good, and then when I come back up I can feel the tension in outer butt area, it’s just not as intense shall we say. Is this normal?
  • Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    @amberjanebanks Sounds about right. Hip thrusts are more for isolating and targeting the glutes so you'll feel it much more.

Squats are compound so the load is distributed across quads, glutes, core hip adductors so you won't get as an intense feeling but you'll work more muscles and challenge your nervous system more.