Introduction

Options
I’m back at di-eating again last time I did this I used intermittent fasting and manage to make it within 5 pounds of my first stage goal before falling off the wagon I had lost 50 lbs starting from 305 over a six month period. I am back to 299 and have the same first stage goal my second stage goal is 225 and my final goal is 200 this is a huge goal for me as I have been 250 plus for the last 21 years

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @eagleproperties93! It's a good idea breaking down large goals into smaller steps.

I can't speak to intermittent fasting (though several people in our community can), but I want to address the use of the word "diet". Diet as used by most of social media is an evil word, built with the goal of losing weight super-fast but having next to zero chance of keeping the weight off long-term. Around here, we use "diet" to mean a "rest-of-your-life" pattern of eating that you can see yourself doing, well, for the rest of your life. If it sounds too restrictive for life, or sounds like a terrible idea with zero fun and enjoyment, then you probably need to seriously consider whether this is the right pattern for you.

The great news is there are dozens, hundreds, of eating patterns you can try. With a little research and a lot of honesty to yourself, you can find the one which works for you. It may take a few fits and starts and restarts, but you'll get there.
  • eagleproperties93
    eagleproperties93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @nossmf I have done intermittent fasting before and was able to keep the diet alive for about 6 months and I was enjoying it. I stopped when I got sent out to a training for work and intended to start back up again when I returned but just couldn't find the motivation to start again my diet choice is very non restrictive for example the other night I had room in my diet "budget" to go with my wife and get blizzards so we did. I don't ever actually feel that I can't eat something but while I count calories I do tend to make better choices. for example yesterday I ate to my hearts content and still was 1200 calories short of my daily max goal. last time I did this I tracked my calories for a few months and then I just had an idea of what I could or couldn't eat to stay within my calorie budget for the day. I hope to obtain the same feel for what I can and can't eat again.