I hate to admit it but I failed myself!

Options
I was here a few years back with my weight loss journey and lost a little over 100 lbs in a year. I went from 285 to 182 and got into incredible shape along the way too by weight training and biking. I even had my own success story posted on mfp. I was so motivated!

Cut to the chase and I'm not going to make any excuse, I gained 80 lbs back and my labs went from perfect back to ugly. I started back up again a month ago and am down 10 lbs so far and the motivation is real once again. Hello all, I'm back at it again!

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,180 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I had a little break and gained some back too. I have no idea how much because I’m not actually weighing myself right now. But my pants got reeeeeeeealy tight.
    🫣

They’re loose again. More to go.

Keep on keeping on. Bumps in the road and all. You got this!
  • famasama09
    famasama09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I also lost a significant amount of weight (90 lbs) and then gained nearly 60 back. I've just restarted as well. It's such a shift in lifestyle and our modern day living doesn't support being healthy very well. However, here we both are along with many others on this journey learning to love ourselves enough to make changes. It sure is a journey! I'd love to connect as 'friends' - I don't have any on here ha! I'm so far down 6 lbs. I'm doing keto, martial arts, and rowing. Also a widowed mom of 3, special education teacher, graduate student, and newly a white belt in a style of kung fu. We've got this! Best of luck to you.
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Been there, got the tee shirt.

I lost and regained a lot of weight before I found myfitnesspal and started logging food.

Game
    Changer

Welcome back. Old school emoticon for you ~~> :flowerforyou:

Welcome back nighthawk!

I join this club. Serial yo-yo dieter until I found MFP. I'm convinced that this behavior will be a thing of the past. No cravings. My latest yo-yo was 26 pounds lost and re-gained.

As a previous poster said, you can do this! Come on here for support if you feel like you're going to fall off the wagon. I find the community to be very positive and non-judgmental.
  • Guild4evr
    Guild4evr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m with you too. Originally went from 244 dropped to 161 and went back up to about 210. Today down to 194! I wasn’t really building any muscle back then so this time my hope isn’t to get that low. 180’s with strong muscle training focus is my goal. When I stopped logging food on MFP and also became very sick from Lyme disease, I put all that weight on.

Setbacks will happen. Keep a positive attitude that you’ve met your goal before and your new goal is attainable too!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your welcome backs and encouragement, it means a lot!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Welcome back, @nighthawk5. I remember you. You've got this!

Possible re-frame: You haven't failed yourself, you've found one maintenance plan that doesn't work for you reliably, which is useful insight. This time can be better, with a revised plan.

I'm cheering for your success!

Hey Ann, good to see a familiar name! Are you still rowing?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Welcome back, @nighthawk5. I remember you. You've got this!

Possible re-frame: You haven't failed yourself, you've found one maintenance plan that doesn't work for you reliably, which is useful insight. This time can be better, with a revised plan.

I'm cheering for your success!

Hey Ann, good to see a familiar name! Are you still rowing?

Yes . . . although the water's still too cold here to safely get our on-water season started. Soon, I hope. Doing a little machine rowing, and quite a lot of stationary biking in the mean time, just starting a bit of actual biking outdoors.

Looking forward to hearing more from you - positive progress, I hope - here in the Community!