1600 calories a day

Hello 👋 I started doing 1600 calories a day this past Monday. I want to see people who have done this how long did it take for you to see results? I work out 5 to 6 times a week.

Answers

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited April 10
    It depends on many factors.

Amount of bodyfat, activity level, consistency, accuracy in counting and tracking of calories.

Those are the main factors and things like macro splits, etc are more minor factors.

For a small woman that is sedentary that can be maintenance calories and a bigger, more active person that can be a huge deficit, so it depends.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 11,213 Member
    First off, welcome, @brlopez26!

Now, to answer your question: it's a useless question by itself, because it is incomplete; we know only half the equation. Consider the following real-life situation:
    • Person A needs 1350 calories to maintain weight, and eats 1600, they will GAIN half a pound a week
    • Person B requires 1850 calories to maintain weight, and eats the exact same 1600, they will LOSE half a pound a week.
    A better question for you to ask would be, "I am starting 1600 calories, my maintenance is 1800, how long will it take to get results?"