Starting over, under, and in between!

Options
janetdivin
janetdivin Posts: 4 Member
I keep getting in this rut of starting something new, giving up, finding something else, getting excited about that, and then giving up again. I have spent so much money on different plans and subscriptions. I would like to simplify everything. I started yesterday and had two donuts after church. I logged them and then ate well the rest of my day. I didn't go over my food goals, which was surprising. Normally, when I eat junk food, I give up the rest of the day. I want to release any expectations I have, and stick to intermittent fasting and logging my food. I will focus on making whole food choices, but not freak out if I have something fun.

Replies

• LakeLau79
    LakeLau79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG yes!!! I am the same way! It drives me crazy that I just cannot follow through on something. Today is a new day though! We got this!!!

*feel free to add me as a friend! I’m trying to build my community!!
  • wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Try for small goals rather than big ones that are overwhelming. Examples aim to log everyday for a week and adding extra vegetables to 1 meal everyday. Then the next week you could add 2-3 mini goals like limiting snacking to only fruit or vegetables and perhaps walking for 20-30 minutes daily. Then just keep adding. Soon you will have lots of habits that are now routine. Just suggestions. Other ideas may be more in line with your goals. Small habits lead up to longtime habits without being too much and make you want to quit and try something else. Good luck!
  • BarbaraInSarnia
    BarbaraInSarnia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too. It frustrates me that I did this once and then threw it away. Is any food good enough for that. 67 years old...2 grown kids and 3 growing grandchildren. Looking for friends along this journey