Help with gaining weight

Options
spudnik1027
spudnik1027 Posts: 2 Member
In the past two years, I lost a lot of weight. I went through some thing devastating and stopped eating for a while. I lost my energy and strength to do most things. I’m trying to watch my calories each day but is that what I should be watching??

Replies

• ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 755 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    I’m really sorry to hear that, I hope things are improving.

It sounds like you’re still wanting to lose weight? How much left do you have? Yes, calories are what matter in terms of weight loss. But, nutrition will help you stick to your calorie goal and feel good so try to eat a balance diet.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 755 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    Apologies, I focused on your post and not your headline. The same goal applies, it comes down to calories. Since you’re trying to gain, set up your goal to gain in MFP and it will give you the required calories to eat per day. If you’re having trouble eating, turn to the most calorie dense foods like nuts, avocados, cheese, you should be able to find a list of options if you google it. I hope this helps.
  • spudnik1027
    spudnik1027 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much this really helps
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,216 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of threads here that might also help you.

This one is pretty much entirely on-topic for your situation:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

It's a more expansive list of the type of foods that ddsb111 mentioned.

The second one is mainly intended for a slightly different scenario, if I understand your situation correctly. I'm interpreting your post as saying that you don't necessarily have trouble by your very nature with being at an appropriate weight, but that unusual tragic circumstances in your life caused you to stop eating and lose weight, and now you're striving to recover. The thread is intended for so-called "hard gainers" who have lifelong trouble with being underweight. However, I think that some of the tactics in the thread might be applicable as temporary measures to help you restore a healthy weight.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

I wish you success!