Anyone using injectible weight loss meds ? (Ozempic, etc.)

Options
Recently started using Ozempic, primarily for health reasons but of course weight is underlying factor.
Tagged:

Answers

• wk46mmknjk
    wk46mmknjk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago. It’s primarily for weight loss but with being obese it’s also for health reasons.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    You can shoot up all you want but until you change your lifestyle you're just kidding yourself that you’ll be successful long term.

Losing the fat isn’t job done its job starting.
  • Summersigh2015
    Summersigh2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can shoot up all you want but until you change your lifestyle you're just kidding yourself that you’ll be successful long term.

I completely agree. Success can only be achieved with a complete overhaul of self-sabotaging habits. Consistent daily exercise and healthy nutrition will get you there. Glossing over these simple lifestyle changes is just yet more avoidant behavior. Changing your health requires hard word and discipline.

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

Just an FYI semiglutides are beneficial for other issues besides obesity.

• jaelia
    jaelia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used it for about 2 months but i stopped because I felt so sick all the time and it was affecting my work. I was very stressed at the time so it didn't stop me from over eating and I didn't lose very much weight.

Now I'm losing weight without it.
  • dezs2sons
    dezs2sons Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes it’s really helped me stay in control and is helping me as I learn without all the food noise
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Some of the comments here are in the same realm as the “pull yourself up by the bootstraps like the rest of us do” world of people with severe mental illness (like me). Different brains work differently. Sometimes it’s all-encompassing physical hunger brought on by medication or stress. If a drug can take that focus on food away and help someone think normally about food, then I’m all for it. I don’t understand the logic of thinking it’s cheating.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Some of the comments here are in the same realm as the “pull yourself up by the bootstraps like the rest of us do” world of people with severe mental illness (like me). Different brains work differently. Sometimes it’s all-encompassing physical hunger brought on by medication or stress. If a drug can take that focus on food away and help someone think normally about food, then I’m all for it. I don’t understand the logic of thinking it’s cheating.

The original point of the phrase “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” was that it’s impossible to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. It was originally a sarcastic comment meant to highlight that there are some things a person can’t do without help.

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I just started Mounjaro. T2D and CKD. Changed my eating habits and got to "high normal" on the blood work. Doc wants me lower. She thinks this med is more kidney friendly than my old meds. If I lose a bit of weight, all to the good.
  • janayc2245
    janayc2245 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wegovy here. On my second month. It has helped a lot with controlling portions and even on my bad days they are not as bad as they used to be.
  • watanabelynne
    watanabelynne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on semiglutide for several weeks and I’m taking it from JumpStart MD, a nutrition and hormone therapy program to help get into better health.