Protein Powder Recommendations

Options
Hi,

I'm looking for a dairy & gluten free protein powder that is good for baking (e.g. pancakes, muffins, etc.). I have a very sensitive palette and I absolutely HATE the taste of protein powder which is why I don't mix it into shakes, and use other ingredients to drown it out in my baking (e.g. dark chocolate). If you could recommend one that is actually flavourless, I'd really appreciate it!

I'm located in Canada for reference.

Thank you!
Tagged:

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to what other people are going to add here. There's pea protein but it has a strong taste.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,943 Member
    Options
    How is someone suppose to guess what a picky eater likes?
  • minawnguyen
    minawnguyen Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    I'm not asking for guesses, I'm asking for recommendations. From there I'll try them out myself and report back. I'm "picky" because I test out hundreds of different ones like anyone else. Baking is an art, and different powders will produce different outcomes. Thanks for being so helpful.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Whey is out.

I’ve tried hemp protein but it takes like dirt, so probably not what you’re looking for.

I see one on Amazon called Orgain organic protein powder. It’s got 4.3 stars out of over 6k reviews. Might be worth a try.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I use Orgain collagen protein powder almost every day. It does take two scoops to get a full serving of protein so that can be a lot to add to recipes. I used to make protein bars with it but now just dissolve it in herbal tea. I think it would work great in pancakes. It does tend to make a recipe a little dry so you may need to adjust the water or oil in your preparation. Pancakes sound like a yummy way to use that product.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,516 Member
    Options
    Nugo makes a chocolate and a vanilla pea protein powder. Both are very good. I’ve made pancakes with the chocolate and they cooked up terrific.

Not cheap, but if you sign up for texts, they’ll send discount codes frequently.

Their dark chocolate protein bars are fantastic, too.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,516 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    PS have made smoothies with their vanilla powder, milk (you could substitute), fresh ginger root, apple and cottage cheese (maybe could sub soft tofu?). Delicious. No icky protein powder taste like others I’ve tried.