recipes

Options
kates63
kates63 Posts: 5 Member
Is there a way to put my recipes in alphabetical order, so I don't have to look thru them all to find what I want.

Replies

• Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    @kates63 I'm not an expert. But I can't see any way to alphabetize them.
    What I have noticed is if you edit a recipe and then save it, it will go to the top of the list. Depending on how many recipes you have, it could be tedious. But you could go to the recipe starting with the highest letter in the alphabet (say zucchini bread), click on edit (but don't edit anything), then click save. And, then go to the next highest (say tomato sauce) and do it again. Sounds like a lot of work though!
    Maybe someone else will know better than me. It would be nice to alphabetize them. You may be able to make a suggestion in the help section.
    Good luck!
  • jaded989
    jaded989 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would be happy if there was a search function for ones I've entered
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    In the phone/tablet app version of MFP, you can sort the recipes accessed via the "Recipes, Meals and Foods" menu option. To do that, go to the recipes tab and click the three dots in the upper right. Click "sort order", then "A to Z".

I don't know of a way to do that in web browser MFP in the "Recipes" sub-tab under the "Food" tab.

When you log foods in web browser MFP, you can sort within the "Recipes" tab that's part of the page that appears when you click "Add food" in your diary. Look for the "sort order" drop-down just above the "Recipes" tab, at the right-hand side of the page semi-near the top.
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just realized that! They are alphabetized when you click on "Add Food" then "Recipes"
  • jaded989
    jaded989 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    In the phone/tablet app version of MFP, you can sort the recipes accessed via the "Recipes, Meals and Foods" menu option. To do that, go to the recipes tab and click the three dots in the upper right. Click "sort order", then "A to Z".

I don't know of a way to do that in web browser MFP in the "Recipes" sub-tab under the "Food" tab.

When you log foods in web browser MFP, you can sort within the "Recipes" tab that's part of the page that appears when you click "Add food" in your diary. Look for the "sort order" drop-down just above the "Recipes" tab, at the right-hand side of the page semi-near the top.

You are a genious, thank you for pointing this out. I never accessed them this way. Oh my I feel just a little silly now :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    jaded989 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

You are a genious, thank you for pointing this out. I never accessed them this way. Oh my I feel just a little silly now :)

Don't feel silly, @jaded989 !

I've been logging here routinely for 8+ years, logging food most days during that time. Periodically I still learn some new thing, whether by stumbling over it myself while doing some task, or by someone here in the Community commenting on it.

If people have questions, they should ask other users here (and read the MFP documentation as applicable, of course). If people think new features are needed, they should say so here, too**. When they do that, sometimes various other users will comment if the feature is present already (but maybe obscure), or if there's a temporary workaround that might help them until the feature is added (if ever ;) ).

It's just what people do here, in my experience: Try to help others.

Best wishes!

** There's a specific place for feature suggestions, BTW, a section MFP staff do read, even though they don't read every post in the Community:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/feature-suggestions-and-ideas
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!