GLP1 weight loss users

Options
2»

Replies

• kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I would definitely talk to your prescribing doctor. Have you experimented with different kinds of foods to see if any will sit well? My mom's injection (she has diabetes) makes her nauseous and sick for like two days after, and she still gets random nausea throughout the week. She finds that some foods sit better than others, and sometimes she can only stomach specific things.
  • jennydowd
    jennydowd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just took my 6th shot of compounded semaglutide today. I started my weight loss journey in late Feb and lost 18lbs before starting the sema on 5/8. On sema I have lost 15lbs in 5 weeks so far.

I was on the "loading dose" of .25mg for the first 4 weeks, and I just increased to .5mg last week. On the loading doses, I noticed the food noise would come back a little on day 6. Last week was my first week at .5 and on day 7 (yesterday) I could not really eat, struggling to get to just 650 calories for the day. The only reason I even did that was because I forced down a 230cal protein drink at 8pm! I couldn't sleep last night and I wonder if it is related.

Today I took my 6th shot (second one at .5) and we'll see how it goes. My appetite is back today.
  • kaferine69
    Options
    jennydowd wrote: »
    Hi all! I just took my 6th shot of compounded semaglutide today. I started my weight loss journey in late Feb and lost 18lbs before starting the sema on 5/8. On sema I have lost 15lbs in 5 weeks so far.

I was on the "loading dose" of .25mg for the first 4 weeks, and I just increased to .5mg last week. On the loading doses, I noticed the food noise would come back a little on day 6. Last week was my first week at .5 and on day 7 (yesterday) I could not really eat, struggling to get to just 650 calories for the day. The only reason I even did that was because I forced down a 230cal protein drink at 8pm! I couldn't sleep last night and I wonder if it is related.

Today I took my 6th shot (second one at .5) and we'll see how it goes. My appetite is back today.

Wow! I'm on sema. I'm on week 5 and only at .4 dose. My appetite is still present, but definitely lessened. I am able to cut down to 1200 calories now without too much difficulty.
  • mdamrill
    mdamrill Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 12
    Options
    I'm on Zepbound since March and it helped me lose 25 lbs so far. I was taking phentermine before and it helped me lose 20 but got stuck. Zepbound is hardcore but works. I'm finally at I point I don't get sick as *kitten*. When I moved up to 5mg I was down for 4 days. Then it was on backorder and I could only get 10mg. I masterfully figured out how to draw it out of pen and am splitting the 10 into 5mg doses.
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am on Zepbound since the end of March. I have been on 2.5 till this week. I just did by first 5mg shot. Down 21lbs. I think I am a medium responder. I have to work at it but the tricks that never worked now do. I track my food and try to stay around 1400 calories.
  • amyyoung2108
    amyyoung2108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Tue appt with Henry Meds to try the oral Tirzepatide. Has anyone dealt with them or the pill version? I am hopeful this helps.
  • kaferine69
    Options
    I have a Tue appt with Henry Meds to try the oral Tirzepatide. Has anyone dealt with them or the pill version? I am hopeful this helps.

My husband is on the pill version. He "lucked" out (said sarcastically) in that his bloodwork showed him on the very low end of being diabetic, so our insurance ended up covering most of the cost for him.

He always reacts very strongly to new medications, but this one did not give him any side effects. However, it is different in that his doctor is having him on the first, low dosage for 90 days before it gets increased. It has helped his appetite, but has not caused it to vanish. Essentially, it is doing what it is supposed to do, which is to cut back your appetite so it's not so severe, so that all the tips and tricks you've tried in the past that did not work, start to finally work.

He did not lose anything for the first month, FYI, although I noticed he did lose in measurements (before we started taking them). He is in the second month now and I think he is down about 15 lbs.

Best of luck to you!