Hello there

Options
I am new here. About 6 years ago I had my thyroid removed. Since then the weight has been piling on. Along with it hypertension and kidney issues. June of last year I made the choice to finally get serious at 294 lbs. This year I turned 45 and with my doctors help I have lost 48 pounds so far. Then my husband lost his job and insurance had to change so good bye to my amazing doctor. So I signed up for a program and a local gym and even though the weight is Coming more slowly now, I see the changes in inches and muscle gain. I thankfully have made friends at the gym but need encouragement when I am at home. I need this and want this so bad. I have 20 pounds more to lose to my first goal. Can't wait to keep crushing it.

Replies

• ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on the improvements, stay the course and it will fall into place. It takes time for all of us. Are you on a thyroid hormone replacement? This is important to know. Also, what are your stats? How much have you been losing per week? And how are you tracking your calories?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great progress, and on keeping up with progress in the face of challenges: That's tough stuff, derails some people, and you're finding ways to progress even with those bumps in the road. So good!

There are a bunch of different motivation or challenge groups here in the Community, and those can both be a good way to get support, and to virtually-meet like-minded people for the friend/timeline part of MFP.

You can find intro posts for some of those mostly in these two parts of the Community:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support

Don't be shy about reading threads, posting your own questions, or making relevant comments on other posts here, too. I've found that to be a really good way to learn. You'll find that people may have a spectrum of communication styles, from warm'n'fuzzy to tough love, but I truly believe that most people here sincerely want to help others succeed. If you can be philosophical about the communication styles that don't suit you, and pick up tips from the others, the Community can be a good resource, IME.

Wishing you much success!