New here

Options
marianne3155
marianne3155 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 11 in Recipes
Hi! Started using this app 10 yrs ago but not really. Decided I’m going to do it this time. I had bariatric surgery 3 years ago and have lost 100lbs. Recently gained 7lbs after stress eating from a car accident. Any good high protein recipes would be greatly appreciated!
Tagged:

Answers

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,705 Member
    Options
    Hi Marianne. I’m a high protein eater and my diary is open.

I keep it simple. Tonight I’m grilling a steak, with extra to chop and use in wraps or salads this next week for fast high protein lunches. Sometimes I grill extra chicken and use simple seasonings.

Every morning I cook a serving or two of bacon in the microwave to eat with breakfast. Breakfast is usually (don’t laugh!) chocolate pancakes enhanced with liquid and powdered whey and cottage cheese, spread with either labneh (very well drained Greek yogurt becomes spreadable like Philly) or peanutbutter powder whipped with zero cal chocolate syrup (tastes like Nutella). I can count calories and eat high protein, but istill enjoy a decadent breakfast at the same time. 👍🏻

I eat a lot of cottage cheese- usually a tub or more every couple of days. I add it to my pancakes, or just eat it as is with fruit and sweet balsamic, or a sprinkle of muesli and honey. If I make a smoothie, I always add a serving of cottage cheese.

I keep jerky and dried edamame beans on hand for quick fixes if I’m short on protein. I’ll be having one of the other later this evening because, after a large fritter for breakfast and a halloumi wrap (decent protein but not as much as I’d like), I’m short. I train first thing in the morning so want to keep the protein up.

Some people season and then air fry garbanzo beans for a nice protein-y snack.

Just get creative. It’s so easy to insert protein into your diet.

And also…..don’t forget…..if you were injured or banged up in the wreck, you’ll be holding on to some temporary water weight. Your body retains water for the purpose of healing. Ever cut yourself and it oozes? It can be a lot more water than you think and lasts til you heal.

As an example, I had a bike wreck nearly three weeks ago, and am hanging on to over five pounds of water weight due to bruising, swelling and road rash.

I know I’m not overeating,because I’ve developed the habit of logging accurately. I am confident the water weight will-literally- flush out once my injuries fully heal.

So don’t beat yourself up over any gain, and do what you need to do to heal.