Dialed in to the Max - 6 Weeks in, down 18 pounds.

Options
mestremartin
mestremartin Posts: 10 Member
hello fellow MFP community. Thank you so much for the continued support. And I am also proud of everyone posting their progress and goals. I started my fitness Journey April 1st 2024. I was weighing 268lbs, I'm 5'9 Male and 49 years of age. My biggest thing I am doing at the moment is I am in a calorie deficit by about 500-600 and I am walking daily for 1 hour every night after dinner. The fat just seems to fall off. Eating super clean and mostly whole foods and absolutely nothing processed. I cut sugar completely out and also quit drinking pop as I was drinking about 3 cans of coke a day. After six weeks of being dialed in I now weigh 18 pounds less at 250 pounds. I feel better , I have more energy and I move better also. I got the go ahead from my Chiropractor I can go back to the gym at the end of the month. I am loving the journey thus far, and I know I will hit plateaus along the way getting down to my goal weight of 170 pounds. But I will remain disciplined and focused and keep being consistent. Thanks once again. And please add me to follow my journey and I can also follow yours.... All the best from Toronto, Canada.

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Great discipline!
  • keepsiejess
    keepsiejess Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Very inspiring!
  • JeremyM0510
    JeremyM0510 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Walking is such a powerful tool for fat loss. Have you considered joining a CrossFit type gym? It’s super tough but the community aspect is great for encouraging yourself and keeping you going. You’ll build some muscle and really get the benefits of vigorous exercise. Anyway keep it up whatever you do!!
  • juanita2fitbit
    juanita2fitbit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You are such a an inspiration!
    I too started my journey in 2023, I have lost 60 pounds. I hurt my arm and was not able to go the gym like I use to...in return, I gained 7 lbs back. All is good now, I am back to the gym to lose the 7 pounds plus the additional 43 lbs to get to my goal. Wish me luck...lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!