Juice Cleanse/Reboot

Options
2»

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe that looks pretty good for a cleansing smoothie!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=456449
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    JUice when homemade in a blender or juicer is very cleansing

Say if your making orange juice , you juice a couple of oranges and add 1 cup of filtered or mineral water and you'll have the best and freshest orange juice

Bottled juices are normally not as good for cleansing

Exactly HOW does it cleanse?

Perhaps you add some Dawn?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I'm not sure how to process this.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Isn't there someone close to you that needs a liquid diet at the moment? You should definitely forward her this.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Now that's a real MAN'S smoothie.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Isn't there someone close to you that needs a liquid diet at the moment? You should definitely forward her this.

She *is* in Vermont, so maybe she can actually find elk, moose, deer, and bison meat.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day drinking nothing but juice and not eating isnt something that you can do long term or forever. I think if you want to do it for a few days as a kickstart great but thats about it. I try to replace just one meal a day with a veggie shake only because i dont really enjoy eatting veggies and they are like hidden in the shakes. I would suggest just looking at a little more research b4 u make a final desicion. Good luck on whatever you choose.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day drinking nothing but juice and not eating isnt something that you can do long term or forever. I think if you want to do it for a few days as a kickstart great but thats about it. I try to replace just one meal a day with a veggie shake only because i dont really enjoy eatting veggies and they are like hidden in the shakes. I would suggest just looking at a little more research b4 u make a final desicion. Good luck on whatever you choose.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    She *is* in Vermont, so maybe she can actually find elk, moose, deer, and bison meat.

Did you notice that it's tagged kids, dessert and vegetarian? :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    Options

Did you notice that it's tagged kids, dessert and vegetarian? :laugh:

It doesn't count as meat if it's organic and natural!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Strangely enough I discovered this recipe today when I Googled "smoothie with meat in it" for my friend who has been ill after surgery and is struggling to eat food. She has been drinking lots of smoothies, but is losing weight she doesn't need to lose rapidly.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    JUice when homemade in a blender or juicer is very cleansing

Say if your making orange juice , you juice a couple of oranges and add 1 cup of filtered or mineral water and you'll have the best and freshest orange juice

Bottled juices are normally not as good for cleansing
    As a professional health researcher you cannot get diabetes from juicing , however you can get diabetes from eating a diet rich in animal proteins, just so you know the truth

Professional researchers should know how to back up statements like these with citations to the primary literature.

So in for studies to show which juices make the best cleanses, complete with list of toxins removed! And studies that conclusively show how we get diabetes.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I just watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead last night and I was blown away!! I am not as bad as they were when they started, I'm not sick and not as obese. But I still want to do it they lose massive amounts of weight by doing their fast.

Has anyone here done a juice fast/cleanse/reboot? I really want to know what I am getting into if I do go through with it.
    I watched that show a couple of times and I did find it inspirational. However, it is pretty much a long infomercial for juicers. The thing they don't mention is that your fat can only supply so many calories a day, and beyond that point you still lose 'weight' but it isn't fat that's going away. Look at him jogging at the end of the show, he's all flabby and wrinkly, because he dropped tons of muscle in the process as a result of his huge calorie deficit.

You don't need juicing and that crap to lose weight. You can eat all the foods you enjoy at a moderate calorie deficit and get much better results and also not be miserable during the process, and also be already well adjusted to a reasonable healthy lifestyle by the time you've gotten there.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    As a professional health researcher you cannot get diabetes from juicing , however you can get diabetes from eating a diet rich in animal proteins, just so you know the truth

Professional researchers should know how to back up statements like these with citations to the primary literature.

There is a misunderstanding here. They are not saying that they are a professional health researcher. They are saying that if you are one, you can't get diabetes from juicing. Sounds about right.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

if this is the quality of the research going on, I weep for medical science.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

There is a misunderstanding here. They are not saying that they are a professional health researcher. They are saying that if you are one, you can't get diabetes from juicing. Sounds about right.

As the wife of an English teacher, this made me giggle.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

:bigsmile:

Makes more sense that way! Guess I got mine from animal protein then. :(
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    25gdq1u.jpg